This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a good 24" 1080p 144hz monitor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a good 24" 1080p 144hz monitor

User Info: MegaSlime

MegaSlime
4 weeks ago#1
Looking for a 144hz monitor. I tried the ASUS VG248QE back in 2015 and liked how smooth it was, but did not like the washed out colors.

What's a good one now? Max budget is probably $400.

Current video card is the R9 390.

Thanks in advance.
A lot of people take the word 'impossible' as a negative thing. They're just reading it the wrong way. The word actually says 'I'm possible.' - Bo Dallas

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 weeks ago#2
thing is most 1080 144hz panels are tn and will have iffy colors out of the box. changing some settings can make them look quite good though.

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/monitor-reviews-discussion/15713-best-144hz-240hz-monitors.html

here's a good website to research

Samsung CF24G70 is the best choice as it's a VA panel. but it has reputation for bad quality control especially for all of the monitors made in 2016 . if you get one try to assure it's from 2017 . even then try to make sure returns are easy

Viewsonic XG2401 is your next best bet, but it's back to TN panel . so you might need to do some adjusting

if you just want the cheapest decent monitor possible then BenQ XL2411 or AOC G2460PF. they're similar to the asus you had except it's flicker free. the asus monitor is outdated and not flicker free. it will cause eyestrain and ruin motion clarity etc. i've used the benq personally and find it to be good enough if all you care about is 144hz competitive gaming. if you care about amazing image quality then you'll either have to give up 144hz or take a chance with the samsung imo

alternatively you can settle for a 75hz ips panel that looks great and still gives responsiveness benefits. i personally use http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/196655/Dell-27-HD-LCD-Monitor-SE2717H/ and it's the best looking matte 1080 monitor i've seen. it also sports freesync and 75hz refresh rate. it is 27" however you can find similar 24" variants of 75hz/ips panel

MegaSlime
4 weeks ago#3
Thanks for the suggestions. I spent some time adjusting the color profiles when I tried out the VG248QE, but couldn't find the setting I liked.

I have AMD now, but may switch to Nvidia, does Freesync/G-sync matter that much?
A lot of people take the word 'impossible' as a negative thing. They're just reading it the wrong way. The word actually says 'I'm possible.' - Bo Dallas

MegaSlime
4 weeks ago#4
bump
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a good 24" 1080p 144hz monitor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived