This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What are some of the best Co-op games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some of the best Co-op games?

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
4 weeks ago#1
I started playing Divinity Original Sin 2 with one of my friends and I'm having a ton of fun.

The only other notable good Coop game I can think of is minecraft (especially modded).

The thing I think makes both of these games good is that they aren't drop-in/drop-out. You can complete stuff separetly and together for a benefit. Rarely do any other games do that. The only other game I can think of is Portal 2.

What do you guys think are some of the best Co-op games?

User Info: InnerSpace

InnerSpace
4 weeks ago#2
For me, Resident Evil 5 was a terrible game on its' own, but it was honestly one of my favorite REs outside of 2 and REmake because of how much extra content my friends and I got out of f***ing around with the co-op and mercenaries modes - we were messing around with it over a year after it came out
"How many Lowe's would Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe's?"

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
4 weeks ago#3
We're going through Terraria for the 4th time now with my wife, so vote on that.

Borderlands, path of exile, grim dawn and pubg spring into mind too.
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 weeks ago#4
you probably don't know but this co-op question is asked a lot on here. the go to answers are usually

Portal 2
Borderlands 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Castle Crashers
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: InnerSpace

InnerSpace
4 weeks ago#5
Somato posted...
you probably don't know but this co-op question is asked a lot on here. the go to answers are usually

Portal 2
Borderlands 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Castle Crashers

My problems with the franchise notwithstanding, I'd probably give more points to Borderlands 2 than L4D2 in this question, since Left 4 Dead 2 is an extremely drop-in, drop-out co-op game where progression is basically limited to whatever level you are playing
"How many Lowe's would Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe's?"

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#6
Everyone's played BL2 to death. Might aswell not even list it anymore. So old, we've all beat it 4 times.

Also it's pretty sad the coop games always come down to BL2, L4D2, Portal or a shooter or mmo. There's really not that many good "coop" based games that exist. All of the few coop games gets listed every week and it's always the same games. Rather pathetic imo how small the coop game listing is.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 weeks ago#7
Neverwinter Nights hosted through Hamachi might be a less obvious one. The campaign is nothing special, but you can do it with a party of friends, split up, and tackle different quest objectives simultaneously. I think it scales the number of mobs to the amount of pc's and pc summons that are present too. It becomes basically tabletop-lite at that point. There might even modules specifically for co-op made by players somewhere around too.

The "Diamond" edition (all expansions) goes on sale fairly frequently for $5, so it can be bought for dirt cheap.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
4 weeks ago#8
I solosouls 1st

But after that... Coop with friends is so fun in souls games
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#9
Terantatek posted...
Rather pathetic imo how small the coop game listing is.

...or you're just ignoring me every time i post. yes i'm going to post some shooters and games that get listed, but bear with me:

BL/BL2
RE5/RE6
Portal 2
L4D1/2
Dead Space 3 (same thing as RE5, horrible Dead Space game, wonderful co-op game)
Saints Row 3/4
Kane & Lynch 2
Monaco: What's Yours is Mine
Sniper Elite 2/3/4
Zombie Army Trilogy
Orcs Must Die 1/2
We Were Here (free to play)
Dark Souls 1/2/3
Watch Dogs 2
Far Cry 4/Primal(?)
Grim Dawn
Diablo 3
Divinity Original Sin 1/2
Astroneer
Viscera Cleanup Detail
Torchlight 2
Vermintide
Necropolis
Ryse Son of Rome
Trine
Gauntlet
Battleblock Theater
Shadow Warrior 2
Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop
Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes
Payday 1/2
Killing Floor 1/2
Metal Slug Franchise
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
Castle Crashers
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Borticus1

Borticus1
4 weeks ago#10
There are lots of co-op games. It's kind of been a big thing in recent years.

Guacamelee if you like Metroidvania.
Borderlands (any of them) for shooty looty fun.
Diablo for RPG good times.
Octodad for wacky fun.

The list goes on.
"Your superior intellects are no match for our puny weapons" - Kang
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What are some of the best Co-op games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived