This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's the best GTX 1080 Ti out there?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the best GTX 1080 Ti out there?

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
2 months ago#1
I'm seeing differences of £150 or more in some models, I've always had my GPU straight from Nvidia so I've never had to concern myself with the after market options, what's the best option out there? Is it worth paying extra for some?
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: protools1983

protools1983
2 months ago#2
Just decide based on the cooling solution of your choice. They're all the same chip so you'll be able to get similar clocks any way you go. I have the EVGA SC and I love it.
Glorious 4K PC Master Race
Gamefaqs PCH Discord channel: https://discord.gg/EmPEfdC

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
2 months ago#3
king pin edition for at least guaranteed clocks of 2 ghz+.

Not much difference in performance between any of the cards though. Even with the two founders edition I have I'm still overclocking to 2.038 ghz on core . Don't see much performance gain on the core though and it seems like majority of the boost is from memory.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#4
All are fine really. I went Asus for the silence.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
2 months ago#5
I've never had a problem with any of EVGA's GPUs. Granted I have a 1070, not a 1080ti
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#6
https://www.gamersnexus.net/images/media/2017/GPUs/1080-ti/strix/asus-strix-1080ti-40dba.png

With fan speeds configured to a fixed 40dBA output, we finally start to see some distinction between these AIB partner cards. The other cards are all-or-nothing fan speeds, making them easier. ASUS is impressive, here: The ROG Strix runs cooler on the GPU, producing a 31.4C delta T over ambient value, which is a full 6C cooler than the next closest card – the Gaming X. The Gaming X has generally been one of the quietest cards on our bench. That card has now been dethroned by ASUS.

Next, the Gigabyte Xtreme Aorus, which doesn’t look great when these are all tested at stock speeds, is running 40.7C delta T. The FTW3 is last, but again, it is the most difficult to configure. You could get these temperatures lower and sacrifice other component temperatures, if so desired.

Power temperatures measured on the middle MOSFET, offset up, land the Strix again at the lead, with a 35.4C delta T measurement. EVGA’s FTW3 is the coolest for VRM components when all cards are configured to auto, but loses ground to ASUS here with its 40.4C delta T value, with MSI trailing at 42.1C delta T.

Finally, the VRAM module between the GPU and VRM measures at 52.7C delta T on the ASUS Strix card, where EVGA runs a 56.6C VRAM temperature, trailed by MSI at 57.9C.

With these noise-equalized tests, ASUS is the clear victor – and not in an insignificant way, in the GPU test. We’re excited about this new test procedure and will be rapidly expanding it for future reviews. It only really works when we’ve got a bunch of the same card, as comparing these numbers between multiple GPUs wouldn’t really make much sense. Still, we’ll play around with it as content continues to ramp.

Basically, under 40 dBA testing, they have the Strix 1080 ti performing the best.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#7
That's why I got the strix. Highfive
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: NeedMoreMoney

NeedMoreMoney
2 months ago#8
Strix IMO.

It's f***ing slick with the RGB, quiet, and cool.
-

User Info: loader963

loader963
2 months ago#9
They are all gonna perform very similar. Still, went with the strix as well.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: WASPride

WASPride
2 months ago#10
I have the Gaming X but I would have gotten the STRIX if I could have found it when I bought my card. The Gaming X was the first good AIB card I could find.

I bought the Gigabyte Xtreme and returned it as it had stability issues at stock, untweaked clocks/settings.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's the best GTX 1080 Ti out there?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived