This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Predict what game and game genre will dethrone PUBG as king of PC games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Predict what game and game genre will dethrone PUBG as king of PC games

User Info: xtacb

xtacb
4 weeks ago#1
PUBG has bigger numbers playing than any other game on steam in history, even DOTA 2

and more viewership numbers than League of Legends, COD, DOTA2

what game can dethrone PUBG?

new Half life?

DOTA 3?

Warcraft 4?

Overwatch 2?

PUBG 2?
Do you really wanna live in a world without Coca-Cola?

User Info: Axtlar

Axtlar
4 weeks ago#2
xtacb posted...
new Half life?

Did you not get the memo?

User Info: ThisIsAKnoife

ThisIsAKnoife
4 weeks ago#3
a single player game like half life 3 (even if it did ever come to fruition) would never 'dethrone' a fad like PUBG. that being said, it's extremely hard to predict what the next big thing will be since most of these things thrive on "new" mechanics and gameplay and such.

obviously league copied dota, but it brought the previously niche genre into the mainstream, just as i'm sure PUBG did with the big battle royale style and overwatch before it.
AFK: Attack, fight, kill!! The healer is telling you to go pull mobs.
WTF: Way to fight! The healer is applauding your tactical genius.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#4
Lol king of games this pubg game is a clone of other games and it is not that popular
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#5
mucloud's memeing is on point lately
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
4 weeks ago#6
xtacb posted...
new Half life?

It's dead, Jim. Game over, man, game over.

etc etc

Valve is too far up their own arse with microtransactions to f***ing care about putting out a single player game that players actually want. Instead they'd rather put out utter s*** like Artifact, yet ANOTHER card game that no one wants. I mean for f***'s sake just because we're on PC doesn't mean that we're all nerds that like playing s*** like Magic the Gathering or whatever is in these days. Oh but wait, it's easy to make it free to play then make everyone buy decks in order to compete online. Pay to win bulls***.

Ahem. Well that went off topic quick.

I'm sure something else will come along that will dethrone PUBG. Maybe DOTA 3, maybe Overwatch 2. The others - no.

It's actually quite impressive that PUBG, a paid game with fairly heavy requirements (compared to DOTA 2) is top of the charts on Steam.

As for the game itself, people that sit in the blue circle just to shoot you in the back as you get to the safe zone is f***ing frustrating. The gameplay is a bit clunky, but winning a gunfight is really satisfying. I wouldn't mind a custom game mode that had just melee, crossbows and bows (the latter would need to be added), just for that Hunger Games fix. On the whole, it's enjoyable most of the time.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#7
mucloud posted...
Lol king of games this pubg game is a clone of other games and it is not that popular

It is hugely popular on Steam, have you even bothered to look at the most played games list/active players? Granted, I have little/no interest in it personally, and certainly don't consider it "king of PC games", it looks like another game with marginal gameplay that gained popularity from appealing to streamers and because of multi-player antics, not innate gameplay, but that's just one man's opinion.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#8
JKatarn posted...
mucloud posted...

It is hugely popular on Steam, have you even bothered to look at the most played games list/active players? Granted, I have little/no interest in it personally, and certainly don't consider it "king of PC games", it looks like another game with marginal gameplay that gained popularity from appealing to streamers and because of multi-player antics, not innate gameplay, but that's just one man's opinion.

look who you're replying to jkatarn
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: SNES_64_DC_Xbox

SNES_64_DC_Xbox
4 weeks ago#9
mucloud posted...

pubg game is a clone

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6qzv0pTE-M
https://medium.com/@SixFootTurkey64

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
4 weeks ago#10
SNES_64_DC_Xbox posted...
mucloud posted...

pubg game is a clone

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Escape From Tarkov.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Predict what game and game genre will dethrone PUBG as king of PC games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived