This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not really looking at getting into PUBG

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Not really looking at getting into PUBG

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
2 months ago#11
Oh, also Rainbow Six Siege.

Like Titanfall 2 is has a co-op vs bots type match. (in the case of Siege you can also do that solo if you want to test out weapons and gadgets)
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
2 months ago#12
candlefighter posted...
Team Fortess 2 has bots and is free.

I'd start here
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#13
Hexenherz posted...
as the majority of games I play are strategy. Been playing on a controller for years, looking to convert.

??

You can play most games I think with a controller on PC. Ones where you need a KB/M are RTS and competitve shooters.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: crazyray47

crazyray47
2 months ago#14
Hexenherz posted...
as the majority of games I play are strategy. Been playing on a controller for years, looking to convert.

??

Sorry, I didn't really mention I played on consoles too

User Info: crazyray47

crazyray47
2 months ago#15
InnerSpace posted...
JoboHotep posted...
Unreal Tournament 2004.

Pretty inexpensive, the regular game is lots of fun against customizable bots, and lots of fun mods.

This - but before you jump for UT2004, I'd recommend checking out the UT4 pre-alpha: it's free-to-play on Epic's website, and it'll give you a good idea if UT is the kind of shooter you'd be into before you throw down the cash for 2004, because I love arena shooters, but I know that they're niche as hell for a reason

I used to play Quake and Duke Nukem online years ago. Just need a refresher with kb+m lol

User Info: InnerSpace

InnerSpace
2 months ago#16
crazyray47 posted...
InnerSpace posted...
JoboHotep posted...
Unreal Tournament 2004.

Pretty inexpensive, the regular game is lots of fun against customizable bots, and lots of fun mods.

This - but before you jump for UT2004, I'd recommend checking out the UT4 pre-alpha: it's free-to-play on Epic's website, and it'll give you a good idea if UT is the kind of shooter you'd be into before you throw down the cash for 2004, because I love arena shooters, but I know that they're niche as hell for a reason

I used to play Quake and Duke Nukem online years ago. Just need a refresher with kb+m lol

Well then, UT4 might be a good start since it's f2p (and without microtransactions, since the point of the free-to-play is to get feedback for the alpha)
"How many Lowe's would Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe's?"

User Info: Somato

Somato
2 months ago#17
Play single player games.

Multiplayer you will die before you get any good practice in, and you will be screwing over your team mates with how bad you will be.

Stick to single player games to practice.
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: qeoijlijw

qeoijlijw
2 months ago#18
Umbrella Corps
a

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
2 months ago#19
If you want a game that will give you good mouse + keyboard practice I say give Paladins a try. The game is surprisingly fun.

Most importantly this type of fast paced shooter with highly mobile characters gives you a lot of constant practice with your aim and movement. I don't really agree with playing single player unless you need to learn the very basics. The thing about playing things competitive and online is that you are confronted with your own skill level and are constantly challenged to do better. The only way to get there is by improving your mechanical skill with the KB and mouse.

I used to play arena shooters obsessively since I was 14. What I like about Paladins is that while it sits in the now popular "hero shooter" genre, it feels a bit like an arena shooter in terms of gameplay. I still notice that no matter what shooter I try, most people can not hit the broad side of a barn and it is easy to do well. I think that is because most people just have not spent any significant amount of time playing games to work on their aim. Coming in with literally 10.000 hours of experience allows you to do well. But even 500 hours would put you above average is my guess.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#20
captsplatter_1 posted...
Hexenherz posted...

??

You can play most games I think with a controller on PC. Ones where you need a KB/M are RTS and competitve shooters.

I mean, I do play a lot of games with a controller.
I just can't fathom playing a strategy game with a controller.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Not really looking at getting into PUBG

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived