This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Divinity OS supposed to be so difficult?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Divinity OS supposed to be so difficult?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#21
I swear I am going to have to compile this tool myself...
https://github.com/Norbyte/lslib
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
4 weeks ago#22
Divinity Operating System

User Info: tzuyd

tzuyd
4 weeks ago#23
PSP_H0mebrew posted...
The issue is everywhere I go the enemies are higher level than me,

Either hunt around town for more quests you can fulfill for quest XP, or there's a suspicious large unmarked mound in the cemetery. Ultimately, you should be fighting enemies of the same level as you.

Do pay close attention to what summons and CC abilities are available to your characters. Taking a single enemy out of a fight (or having a single extra tank) can easily turn the tide.
I sexually identify as a 100% inoffensively correct person. My pronouns are 'yes', 'uh huh' and 'absolutely'.

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#24
sfcalimari posted...
I don't know about the EE but in the original version of the game, mages are ridiculously OP compared to all other classes

In EE they are still versatile but their top potential has been nerfed a bit. Some spells were changed, others removed entirely and on top of it, there is now a limit of how many ones can you learn. Previously it was just X number depending on the skill level but now it's actually X number novice spells, Y number adept spells and Z number master spells depending on the level. Basically, it boils down to the fact that you can't learn all the spells in the game.

Also, the scaling with intelligence has been capped - whereas previously a mage with 20+ int could basically chain cast any spell without caring for cooldowns and each has their effects boosted on top, they would hit like a truck all the time. In EE there is a minimum cooldown and so stacking, say, 25 int doesn't actually offer much over 20.

Finally, the glass cannon perk has been nerfed a lot - instead of doubling the AP, it boosts your AP generation by a set amount. It's like few extra points in speed but halving the HP is more of a tradeoff now.

Other classes have also been boosted. I didn't really play a ranger in the original but in EE a higher level one in my party could literally solve encounters with one attack.

All in all it's a bit more balanced but that's mostly for higher levels...yet the game is already super easy at said levels so, I am not really sure the balancing was needed there.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 weeks ago#25
Wait, Divinity is considered "hard and frustrating" enough for people to quit or sell their copy, but f***ing s*** SOULS is still lavished with praise in nearly every GameFAQs forum?

I swear, sometimes I'm SURE I got transported to Opposite World...

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
4 weeks ago#26
It is kind of difficult. There are a lot of games that you can approach in every way, make any kind of character, and it will be fine. This is not one of those games.

I played it with a friend, and soon found we could not progress. Then we made new characters for more balance, learned about the combat mechanics, and we went through the whole game without too much trouble. After finding out which items to carry, which abilities worked when and what to avoid, the game became easier. Which still mean there are some battles we had to try several times in different ways (and not just boss battles). But that only made the game more fun.

Early game before you get your companions is particularly nasty. You don't have the necessary roles to easily get through the content.
I5 3570 | GTX 970 | Samsung 840 EVO x 3 | Corsair RM750 | Asus Xonar DGX | Corsair 400c | AKG k550 | Realforce 87U | Logitech G Pro |

User Info: analogman

analogman
4 weeks ago#27
The game does not babysit you that much so you have to be careful in many situations. Though your second play through will be a piece of cake.
i5-4690k 4.2GHz | Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 2400MHz | HD7950 3GB 960/1250MHz@975mV | Maximus Impact VI | 250GB 840 Evo + 1TB | 700W | 380T Yellow

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#28
Giant level 8 fire boss just smoked me. f***er cheats and revives his fallen.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#29
SinisterSlay posted...

You know, you can revive YOUR fallen, too. But you can also teleport your enemies wherever you want them, such as away from their allies...

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#30
ElDudorino posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

You know, you can revive YOUR fallen, too. But you can also teleport your enemies wherever you want them, such as away from their allies...

One if them stood back up right next to my healer and 1 hit killed him from full health. Then my tank started being unable to stay healed and it all fell apart.

I'm going to try again tonight by stacking shields on my tank and sending him in alone and up front so he agros everything. The zerg can wail on him with my 2 healers. That's my plan anyways
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Divinity OS supposed to be so difficult?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived