This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PUBG will end up like DayZ

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG will end up like DayZ

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
3 weeks ago#1
They will take everyone's money and not actually invest it into the game.
Currently Playing :Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
3 weeks ago#2
That's a wonderful assertion with no evidence, or even logical sense, to back it up.

These are the people that made Tera. If they didn't give up on that game, they aren't going to give up on the most popular game available right now.

Also, they have micro-transactions to implement and abuse. Tera is proof of their love for those.

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
3 weeks ago#3
DivineWraith posted...
These are the people that made Tera. If they didn't give up on that game, they aren't going to give up on the most popular game available right now.

you must have missed the years upon years of no real updates to TERA.
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: AceTheFace

AceTheFace
3 weeks ago#4
Pub feels 99% the same as Dayz. Game engine runs so rough. Why can't someone make a smooth game like this.

Also classic Rust still the best game ever made.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 weeks ago#5
AimlessDork posted...
you must have missed the years upon years of no real updates to TERA.

that's the type of slippery slope argument that makes for bad debates.

not even gonna ask what you consider "real updates" other than mention their last patch note was last week which apparently contains a new dungeon and some skill changes/balancing etc.

i don't really expect more from my MMO updates unless the game was a trainwreck to begin with(think launch FF14) so...
Not being able to land shoryuken consistently on one method of input as opposed to another is a matter of preference - zedzilla
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: T3CHN0

T3CHN0
3 weeks ago#6
Yup. It's a fad.

User Info: Moonse

Moonse
3 weeks ago#7
They're under no obligation to invest the money into the game after release (which is soon, unlike DayZ) if they don't expect a return on it. I expect nothing more than cosmetics added to the paid loot crates after release, any new content would be a bonus.

That money goes into perhaps oh I don't know, their next project? Maybe just new holiday homes and live the rest of their lives in comfort doing s*** all until they die? Unless you're a shareholder, who the f*** cares what they do with the money people gave them for a product they've delivered.

Constant updates to a released game is not a right to consumers so long as the game functions close to as advertised. Like s***, man, Left 4 Dead 2 hasn't gotten an update in f***in' years, f***ing Valve running off with my money n' s*** after releasing a fun ass game that gave me weeks of fun nights.

PUBG early access started in 2017. DayZ standalone has been in early access since 2013.

End of the day, PUBG has already succeeded in delivering what was promised assuming they stick to their Q4 2017 release schedule, which looks likely. If we're having this conversation in 4 years time then f***ing right we can all concede they've done a dodger but until then...
Mind the grue.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
3 weeks ago#8
Let's see how popular it is this time next year. . . .

I rest my case.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Hanlo_is_back

Hanlo_is_back
3 weeks ago#9
Born Lucky posted...
Let's see how popular it is this time next year. . . .

I rest my case.

So you have a time machine?
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum

User Info: realfreako

realfreako
3 weeks ago#10
I'm expecting less frequent updates when it releases, but I don't see the game lasting too long if it drops support.

I think it's a great game to continually update because it's so sandboxy in nature. They could add new maps with twists, new weapons/vehicles, new events (like airdrop but something else), have seasonal events (snow for Christmas + Christmas themed lootboxes).

I'll be surprised if the game doesn't go this route since it's so popular
PSN: FreakoFreako
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG will end up like DayZ

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived