This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PUBG will end up like DayZ

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG will end up like DayZ

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
2 months ago#11
It's probably staying; it just needs a good competitor. The game is in a rough state right now, but I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth.

(and I got a yellow tracksuit too...I could just sell that if I wanted to get my money back)
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
2 months ago#12
The game is already set to be finalized before the end of the year. Day Z will never be finished. Day Z sold like 1 million plus copies shortly after release and Bohemia took the money and ran, and snuckered all their customers. I hope no body buys anything from Dean Hall ever again seriously f*** that guy.

PUBG has already sold 10 million plus copies and has release since sizable updates since March. It should be in final form before the end of 2017. Question is if people will keep playing it for years to come.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986

User Info: Ryyaann_Is_Band

Ryyaann_Is_Band
2 months ago#13
I could see the argument for "it's another DayZ story" if they were approximately on equal levels, but the difference being PUBG is already bigger than DayZ...
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Ryant12/
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/VanillaRice-1752/hero/337193

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#14
VoidNoodle posted...
It's probably staying; it just needs a good competitor. The game is in a rough state right now, but I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth.

(and I got a yellow tracksuit too...I could just sell that if I wanted to get my money back)

yeah i've already sold $60 worth of items, for a $30 game i'd say -$30 and 100 hours to date is pretty good.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: robert_rangersu

robert_rangersu
2 months ago#15
Look something popular, I'm gong to go bash it for attention!

Saddos.
PC, Xbox One, PS4 Pro.

User Info: AimlessDork

AimlessDork
2 months ago#16
AsucaHayashi posted...
not even gonna ask what you consider "real updates" other than mention their last patch note was last week which apparently contains a new dungeon and some skill changes/balancing etc.

I was more talking that time before they started updating again, where all they did was pump out MTX skins and later EXP Festivals
GTX 1070, i7-6700, NZXT Phantom 530, W10
Ps4. Ps3. PC. 3DS

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
2 months ago#17
The most popular steam game ever is gonna end up like dayz? Sounds reasonable
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 months ago#18
I don't see how. Bluehole was talking about making console versions of the game and already has set up a deal with Microsoft.
The game is a huge success. Many other developers are already cooking up clones of pubg. The original pubg might fade over time, but the very idea of it will live on till the next big thing happens.
What you see here is minecraft level of success.
You might go away from pubg, tc. But, pubg will always be there to greet you when you come back.
Now, say my name.

User Info: Unknown281

Unknown281
2 months ago#19
Isn't PUBG releasing at the end of this year and isn't Microsoft backing this game up as well? I don't see this game dying or going anywhere, I'm sure it will have a steady playerbase for years to come if they keep updating and releasing no contents for this game, the game is still fun and a blast to play.

User Info: Hagan

Hagan
2 months ago#20
yohabroha posted...
VoidNoodle posted...

yeah i've already sold $60 worth of items, for a $30 game i'd say -$30 and 100 hours to date is pretty good.

What have you sold were you made cash from? I am between 90-100 hours played and I have received s*** from my loot crates. Just the same damn pair of pants and shirt.
BNET = Mike#1931
Steam = mhagan1986
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG will end up like DayZ

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived