This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PUBG will end up like DayZ

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG will end up like DayZ

User Info: revolver

revolver
2 months ago#21
The hate towards this game is ridiculous. Why are so many gamers so pathetic?

For the record I don't own and have never played PUBG.

User Info: halomonkey1_3_5

halomonkey1_3_5
2 months ago#22
revolver posted...

it's popular and early access

that alone is enough to send gfaqs neckbeards into a rage against it
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#23
Hagan posted...
yohabroha posted...
VoidNoodle posted...
It's probably staying; it just needs a good competitor. The game is in a rough state right now, but I feel like I've already gotten my money's worth.

(and I got a yellow tracksuit too...I could just sell that if I wanted to get my money back)

yeah i've already sold $60 worth of items, for a $30 game i'd say -$30 and 100 hours to date is pretty good.

What have you sold were you made cash from? I am between 90-100 hours played and I have received s*** from my loot crates. Just the same damn pair of pants and shirt.

Purple gear. I've been lucky to get 3 purple jackets and 2 purple pants. Sold the pants for $15 each and the jackets for $10 each I think. I know the pants have fallen in worth but both are still around $10 iirc. Then I've sold at least $10 worth of the junk items, $0.25-0.50 at a time.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
2 months ago#24
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
revolver posted...

Seriously. I don't own the game either but I can't help but recognize it as a huge success that achieved what others did not, not even Day-z. When PUBG was first released I assumed it would be just another "The Culling" that would come and go but that is clearly not the case. It's been out half a year and it's been gaining player population this entire time. It's completely different from other, similar, games that will have a strong launch full of hype and then quickly die off.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Tekutso

Tekutso
2 months ago#25
Game has a ton of potential. They will probably drop the ball with it, but if they do capitalize on the massive popularity they have right now, it could be something very special for a very long time. Its way more popular than DayZ ever was by like 10x.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
2 months ago#26
revolver posted...

I own the game (over 100 hours) and I have made my statement based on how they have handled the game thus far.
Currently Playing :Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: Canas_Renvall

Canas_Renvall
2 months ago#27
Maverick_Reznor posted...
revolver posted...

I own the game (over 100 hours) and I have made my statement based on how they have handled the game thus far.

Then you're lying, because I've only owned the game for about two weeks and we already got major updates like fog maps and such.

Like... what are you even smoking?
Play games, not companies.

User Info: arleas

arleas
2 months ago#28
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
revolver posted...

Yeah, this is what I was going to say... Any time someone or something is successful, all the unsuccessful nerds come out of the woodworks to try to tear whatever it is down a notch. (LOL, I said notch, I remember he and Minecraft got copious amounts of hate on these boards).

see also: any successful youtuber
see also: any successful campaign on kickstarter
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: SNES_64_DC_Xbox

SNES_64_DC_Xbox
2 months ago#29
Hagan posted...
Day Z will never be finished. Day Z sold like 1 million plus copies shortly after release and Bohemia took the money and ran, and snuckered all their customers. I hope no body buys anything from Dean Hall ever again seriously f*** that guy.

Bohemia took the money and ran

Kinda weird how they've continued to work on the game despite having run away. I guess that's just how the Czechs are?

snuckered all their customers

Yeah, Dean Hall warning everyone that (and, I quote) "buying early will be a recipe for disappointment" and to wait to purchase the game until later in development was definitely, totally him stealing money straight out of your pocket. For sure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6qzv0pTE-M
https://medium.com/@SixFootTurkey64

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
2 months ago#30
Canas_Renvall posted...
Maverick_Reznor posted...
revolver posted...

Then you're lying, because I've only owned the game for about two weeks and we already got major updates like fog maps and such.

Like... what are you even smoking?

You consider fog map a major update?
That does nothing to make the game actually better.
They arent investing the money in better servers, more devs to fix the amazing amount of bugs in the game, or to implement QOL features.
Currently Playing :Xenoblade Chronicles
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. PUBG will end up like DayZ

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived