This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for an adrenaline fuled, short action game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for an adrenaline fuled, short action game

User Info: SgtSilock

SgtSilock
4 weeks ago#1
Fueled **

I am not a fan of long games, I like them short & Sweet. I have just finished Rise of the tomb raider and other than the last level I thought that game was really good, and had me up playing to finish it till the early hours.

Does anyone have any other recommendations, either 3rd or 1st person that will give me another short rush?

Thanks guys
You have to give to receive

User Info: thefabregas22

thefabregas22
4 weeks ago#2
Metal Gear Rising Revengence.
Alexis Sanchez Didn't Piss Off To City And I'm So Glad
Honk For Ponk

User Info: GXL_Leon

GXL_Leon
4 weeks ago#3
Vanquish and Bayonetta
Is your passion enough to claim a crown? We shall see.
Daresso The Sword King.

User Info: SgtSilock

SgtSilock
4 weeks ago#4
GXL_Leon posted...
Vanquish and Bayonetta

How long are they? Because I just played through The New Order and found the 10 hour long campaign to be too long for me, by the end I was just rushing it hoping it would be over.

I enjoy games with very short campaigns, games I can complete in an afternoon. They are the type of games that are fun for me.
You have to give to receive

User Info: Axtlar

Axtlar
4 weeks ago#5
Spec Ops The Line.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 weeks ago#6
Vanquish takes most people around 6 hours I think, though it's very replayable. Metal Gear Rising is a bit longer but it's also very replayable. They're both great if you want a lot of action without much else to get in the way.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
4 weeks ago#7
Mirror's Edge. First-person parkour game that's only like 10 hours long. If you manage to get a good feel for the controls and do a lot of parkour without falter it can be a bit of an adrenaline rush. It's bogged down by some forced combat sequences (which I think are the worst parts of the game) but otherwise it's all about finding the path and occasionally dodging bullets while you do.

Killing Floor games might give a more conventional, compact kind of action-packed sitdown. They're multiplayer horde shooters where you go through a couple waves of shooting zombie enemies and causing ludicrous amounts of gore with weapons for all playstyles -- even healing. The game time can be extremely short or long-stretching matches where a lot is going on and there's plenty of things that want to see you die. A simple but addictive game series well suited to short sessions.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: johnny_pay

johnny_pay
4 weeks ago#8
binary domain

User Info: __Blight__

__Blight__
4 weeks ago#9
Vanquish
"I see light to the east...mornings coming."

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
4 weeks ago#10
Definitely Bayonetta, the story takes like 8 hours if you're somewhat decent at it (or play on automatic mode/easy)

And if you end up liking it you can try harder modes and look for secret challenge rooms, weapons, items and some other secret unlockables.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for an adrenaline fuled, short action game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived