This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Graphics card detecting as wrong card

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics card detecting as wrong card

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
4 weeks ago#11
Snuck is the past tense of sneak. :)

sneaked
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
4 weeks ago#12
Killah Priest posted...
Snuck is the past tense of sneak.

sneaked

Snuck has been around since the 1800s.

User Info: ImperialDragon

ImperialDragon
4 weeks ago#13
It went back to normal. I tried to place the card in another PCIE slot but there wasn't enough space, and the computer was never on without the card in the same slot it has always been, but its back to saying it is a 680 everywhere with no reference to the ghost 760. I have no idea what happened.
EMPTY [IIIII-----] FULL
The WTF!?-o-meter is currently... Normal

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#14
That is bizarre, have never heard of/had that happen. AFAIK the deviceid should be pulled from the GPU BIOS/hardware itself, so I don't think a software change would have any effect. Could be a PCI-E slot going on you or something.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
3 weeks ago#15
ImperialDragon posted...
EVGA, 4gb

Must be part of EVGA"s Step Up Program. They found out a way to upgrade your card to a 760 via software instead of swapping out the hardware. Sounds like someone's being a little ungrateful for great service.
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 weeks ago#16
JKatarn posted...
That is bizarre, have never heard of/had that happen. AFAIK the deviceid should be pulled from the GPU BIOS/hardware itself, so I don't think a software change would have any effect. Could be a PCI-E slot going on you or something.

Bad connection could have caused it to incorrectly report the device ID, which would fool the computer into thinking it's a GTX760 running GTX680 4GB hardware.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics card detecting as wrong card

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived