This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So what modern PC racing game could be comparable to Sony's GT series ?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what modern PC racing game could be comparable to Sony's GT series ?

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 months ago#1
and pretty much just as good ? Project cars 2 maybe...
PC-WiiU-PS4

User Info: ThePandaForest

ThePandaForest
2 months ago#2
that and forza
Vega Frontier Edition | Titan X Pascal
C32HG70 HDR 144Hz 1ms | Vive VR

User Info: ThePandaForest

ThePandaForest
2 months ago#3
oh and assetto corsa
Vega Frontier Edition | Titan X Pascal
C32HG70 HDR 144Hz 1ms | Vive VR

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#4
Even by the diehard fans opinions, GT has been a shell of its former self for a while. So it's not going to be hard to find a comparable racer
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#5
yohabroha posted...
Even by the diehard fans opinions, GT has been a shell of its former self for a while. So it's not going to be hard to find a comparable racer

GT went to hell when they started prioritizing quantity of checkboxes over focus. It's not a coincidence that the first game and the third were the best in the series.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
2 months ago#6
Forza by far. It's almost a GT clone in its career progression. It's also the better series now imo. As Orestes said, GT has gone downhill since 3. I feel GT2 was better than one though!.

Project CARS 2 is going to be my go to I think but its not that similar to Gran Turismo. It is a bit more hardcore of a sim where the main goal is to race and not build up cash to buy new cars. The focus is purely on driving and getting better. It does have a career but there are no upgrades, cash, car or cosmetic unlocks. Its purely about having racing seasons and driving a car for a sponsor while also getting invitational invites for other races in a variety of cars. There are different modes for career but I definitely like the "zero to hero" style of starting in karts and moving up to f1 style cars. Overall I think the game is more for setting up your perfect races and just enjoying the actual racing. It has multiple seasons, amazing weather including snow, and a super dynamic track where the weather really changes the ideal racing line.

Anyways, rambling aside, Forza is the game you are looking for.
4790k @ 4.6 | Asus Maximus VII Formula | H105 | 32GB RAM | 1080ti | 1TB of SSD | 6TB of HDD | Win 10 64bit | ax1200w | HTC Vive
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#7
ThePandaForest posted...
that and forza

He said comparable, not surpass it.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
2 months ago#8
GT2 can never be forgiven for the 98.2% glitch
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#9
yohabroha posted...
GT2 can never be forgiven for the 98.2% glitch

Or the half billion other glitches. It wasn't a bad game, but it did set a really bad precedent in trying to overstuff the package.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Kano92

Kano92
2 months ago#10
ThePandaForest posted...
that and forza

Guess I should have mentioned that it has to be on the PC and not just another mostly console exclusive series.
PC-WiiU-PS4
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So what modern PC racing game could be comparable to Sony's GT series ?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived