This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Outlast Deluxe Edition Free!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Outlast Deluxe Edition Free!

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#11
Outlast is a lot scarier than Fatal Frame. I just can't find ghosts scary.

VermilionX posted...
Same reason I didn't play fatal frame

Fatal Frame has combat
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 months ago#12
sylverlolol posted...
Even free, I dunno...I can't bring myself to play hide and seek horror.

Same here
I watched 5 minutes on youtube. .
I'll pass
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
2 months ago#13
Tyranius2 posted...
Outlast is a lot scarier than Fatal Frame. I just can't find ghosts scary.

VermilionX posted...
Same reason I didn't play fatal frame

Fatal Frame has combat

err... if you mean taking pictures to damage ghost as combat.

then nope, not for me

i least let me punch them, slash them, or cast spells on them
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
2 months ago#14
^It's a supernatural camera. You cast a spell on them by taking pictures. C'mon, no more excuses.

User Info: DimeTree

DimeTree
2 months ago#15
Picked it up from Humble Bundle, been playing for a few hours and I'm pretty lukewarm on it. It's got some decent atmosphere and there's a bit of intrigue in the plot, but I don't find it incredibly scary, or even that enjoyable of a game.
It relies heavily on jumpscares, which it really doesn't need. It looks goofy and forced when it builds up all this intense atmosphere and eerie unease in the player, only to have a dead body flopped in front of their face while some obnoxious, jumpy sound effect shoots off.
Apart from that, it's just really boring.

User Info: sithgod513

sithgod513
2 months ago#16
I don't do well myself with horror games so I don't know if I'll like this or not, I'm still not finished with Alien Isolation even though I love the Alien franchise, It's just too stressful for me to finish lol.
the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it.

User Info: steamgamer69

steamgamer69
2 months ago#17
already had it on my PSN library for PS4, but sweet adding it to my steam library. looking forward to play it at 2160p with controller on my 4K TV in steam big picture mode. hell YeaH

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
2 months ago#18
After playing for a while l think it isn't that scary, enemies are pretty dumb and slow so you can just run and they'll forget you, the one/two hit kill enemies are a bit more annoying but not really scary, only the jump scares got me.

I'm not that into horror games either but I'd encourage those who got it to try it.

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
2 months ago#19
Thanks for the heads up, grabbed it!
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Outlast Deluxe Edition Free!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived