This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So how is Crusader Kings 2 without any dlc?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So how is Crusader Kings 2 without any dlc?

User Info: razid

razid
2 months ago#1
It's on sale for 10 bucks right now and I've been wanting to try it out. Is the base game good? There's a bundle with some dlc for 20 bucks, and then a bigger bundle with more dlc for like 100. I'm not super into strategy games so I didn't want to commit so much money on it
Take care of yourself

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
2 months ago#2
The base game is outstanding but the DLC is really good too.

You say you're not super into strategy games though.....not sure it's worth your time if that's the case. It's pretty hardcore. But for 10 bucks, why not. Try it and see what you think.

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
2 months ago#3
razid posted...
I'm not super into strategy games

Probably stay away. It takes several hours to even get an idea of what's going on.

User Info: hokkendire

hokkendire
2 months ago#4
Each DLC adds new mechanics and can change the game vastly. That said I would go with just the base game and see if its your cup of tea, before diving into the DLC money pit this game can be. I would also watch some youtube tutorials as they will be way better then the actual in game tutorials, just remember that this game has a very very steep learning curve. Also keep in mind the game shouldn't be about conquering the world, its more of the personal story that you can make for your family dynasty
| i7 7770K| MSI z270 M3 | 980ti | 16gb DDR4@3600| Oculus Rift
Steam: DatDudeCorks

User Info: razid

razid
2 months ago#5
Yeah it seems really different than other strategy games in that sense which is why I wanted to give it a go
Take care of yourself

User Info: hokkendire

hokkendire
2 months ago#6
It can be great fun if you have an awesome imagination, just wanted to warn you mostly of how steep it is to learn. For $10 its worth a shot
| i7 7770K| MSI z270 M3 | 980ti | 16gb DDR4@3600| Oculus Rift
Steam: DatDudeCorks

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
2 months ago#7
Don't expect a fast paced game with detailed combat. Paradox games are basically sandbox historical "strategy" games where you have to macro and micromanage a lot of various aspects of your government and you have to be willing to accept defeat or unexpected consequences. It is really daunting to get into but really rewarding if you do.

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
2 months ago#8
Base game is good, but the game can be very hard and there's no tutorial. So you'll end up playing learning from mistakes or watching people play in youtube. For starter, play iceland or ireland as it's relatively peaceful there which give you time to learn stuff.

User Info: Axtlar

Axtlar
2 months ago#9
It's a very abstract game compared to more popular strategy titles.

User Info: loki00_00

loki00_00
2 months ago#10
It's a good game according to everyone else, but I have never been able to understand it enough to actually play it properly. Stellaris might be a more noob friendly option.
The official Oni of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So how is Crusader Kings 2 without any dlc?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived