This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has launched with less than 18k copies sold on steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has launched with less than 18k copies sold on steam

User Info: elemental_rush

elemental_rush
4 weeks ago#61
how many on ps4?
breaking the internet. one post at a time

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
4 weeks ago#62
elemental_rush posted...
how many on ps4?

Its STEAM numbers ok
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#63
Just imagine how many sales it would have had without Denuvo.

The publisher probably feels they'd lose 90% of their sales.

Studies show their sales would increase by 30%.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Perfect Zeratul

Perfect Zeratul
4 weeks ago#64
GundamMonX posted...
hungry_zealot posted...

I don't understand why we have no X-Men characters, but the Marvel characters aren't even based on the MCU

Because Marvel/Disney at least owns the cinematic rights to the Marvel characters that are in the roster. They don't really care that they're not a spot-on match to their MCU versions, as long as you can tell that they're the same character. And bonus--in the future there's always the possibility of Capcom adding MCU Costume DLC so that your fighters can look exactly like their movie versions, just for a few more dollars! (puke)

For the X-Men characters, Marvel doesn't own the movie rights to them--so those characters have been getting cut back across the board, because Marvel's being really childish about it. It's pretty much a current rule at Marvel Comics that they're not allowed to create any new characters for X-Men comics (because they would automatically not own the movie rights to them), and Fantastic Four was outright cancelled.

More or less, if Marvel doesn't own the movie rights, they don't want to give another company that does the "free" publicity for their own movie universes. For characters that might get added (Wolverine and maybe Dr Doom), they want extra money for that DLC. Maybe their logic is that adding them at first makes it seems like they're advertising those characters, but for DLC it'll only be for people who actively sought them out anyway? I dunno.

Which is f***ing stupid. You think not creating new characters will hurt Fox? They have over 50 years of comics to draw inspiration from. They could make 100 movies and not run out of source material.
God gave man a brain and a ****. Too bad he didn't give us enough blood to use them both @ the same time....

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
4 weeks ago#65
saltedham posted...
id buy it if wolverine was in it
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Ciera

Ciera
4 weeks ago#66
f*** Crapcom
I'll... shave that cat.

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
4 weeks ago#67
Somato posted...
it's a fighting game............

what universe do you buy the drugs that make you think a fighting game on PC will sell well?

The same universe where people think that FPS and RTS on consoles with a controller will work and that people will buy an Xbox whatever for games that are not filled with manly American-made bro games and FPS?
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
4 weeks ago#68
SinisterSlay posted...
Just imagine how many sales it would have had without Denuvo.

Probably not a lot either way, considering PC gamers are complaining about EVERYTHING in this game. ¬¬

Anyway, the game is not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure it looks a bit meh, but I don't think graphics hurt any game all that much. As for the roster, I like it. Sure the X-MEN are missing (and that IS sad), but I usually prefer the Capcom-side characters anyway. :p

Supremo posted...
The game looks terrible. However I could give a chance to see how the gameplay feels, where's the shareware version

You can always buy it, test it for two hours and ask for a refund later.
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: The_Man_On_Fire

The_Man_On_Fire
4 weeks ago#69
LOL see all you @ EVO

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
4 weeks ago#70
MarceloSampaio posted...
You can always buy it, test it for two hours and ask for a refund later.

The thing is, this game costs like R$130,00 here in Brazil.
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has launched with less than 18k copies sold on steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived