This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has launched with less than 18k copies sold on steam

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has launched with less than 18k copies sold on steam

User Info: Perfect Zeratul

Perfect Zeratul
3 weeks ago#81
is this the new lawbreakers?
God gave man a brain and a ****. Too bad he didn't give us enough blood to use them both @ the same time....

User Info: temgun

temgun
3 weeks ago#82
The_Man_On_Fire posted...
Fighting Games on PC? LOL

THESLAINSPOKE posted...
Most people don't buy fighters for pc. Ps4 is the fighter system this year.

musumane posted...
- Fighting Game on PC

Somato posted...
it's a fighting game............

what universe do you buy the drugs that make you think a fighting game on PC will sell well?

If nobody plays fighting games on PC, then why does pretty much every fighting game get released on PC? Maybe because they do sell?

Why wouldn't they do well? You get less input delay in most games (just look at how garbage Tekken 7 is on PS4), free online and unlimited controller compatibility. What's not to like? Most people on PC use low input delay monitors and wired connections while a lot of console players use their high input delay TVs with wifi, the latter of which is a big no for fighting games anyway.

User Info: CraiCrushna

CraiCrushna
3 weeks ago#83
No cross play no buy. I'm going to wait for the game of the year edition for all the dlc on my ps4. If it had cross play, I would've bought it. No one plays fighters on the PC, that's why I get fighters on console.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 weeks ago#84
A week later and it's peaked.

Whoops
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: ShinobiKaze

ShinobiKaze
3 weeks ago#85
temgun posted...
The_Man_On_Fire posted...
Fighting Games on PC? LOL

THESLAINSPOKE posted...
Most people don't buy fighters for pc. Ps4 is the fighter system this year.

musumane posted...
- Fighting Game on PC

Somato posted...
it's a fighting game............

what universe do you buy the drugs that make you think a fighting game on PC will sell well?

If nobody plays fighting games on PC, then why does pretty much every fighting game get released on PC? Maybe because they do sell?

Why wouldn't they do well? You get less input delay in most games (just look at how garbage Tekken 7 is on PS4), free online and unlimited controller compatibility. What's not to like? Most people on PC use low input delay monitors and wired connections while a lot of console players use their high input delay TVs with wifi, the latter of which is a big no for fighting games anyway.

Your right, fighting games on PC are better but the community is significantly smaller on PC than on console. It's safe to play SFV on PC because of crossplay but games like blazblue, guilty gear, tekken 7, and skullgirls have such a small pop on PC to you gotta use discord community to find consistent match ups.

User Info: ShinobiKaze

ShinobiKaze
3 weeks ago#86
Mogu_Mogu posted...
Fighting games has become the worst with DLC.
Releases game with roster.
Releases rest of roster over a few months charging ridiculous amounts for each.

I love fighting games and this has turned me from buying them unless I know it's all here right at the start.

Also, I hate the general direction that fighting games are moving into. :(

It's really the only way for fighting games to survive now. They cost a lot to make and they don't sell a ton of copies because it's already a niche market. To get good at them you gotta get bodied over and over again and most people don't like losing for hours on end. Or practicing combos over and over again. You gotta have a certain mindset for that. I saw some article explaining that 1 character can cost upward of $250,000 (think it was the skullgirls dev saying this) which is pretty high cost. To me gg rev2 is the best fighting game out right now but it barely breaks 200 concurrent players on steam.

MvC:I is getting praised for its combat with some saying it's the best gameplay mechanics in their vs series but damn it's ugly looking and a weak roster. The roster and graphics can improve over time but i in no way want this series to die so I'll support because it's generally fun for me. I just really wish they had a better roster and better looking character models.

User Info: Fony

Fony
3 weeks ago#87
TheDoctorIsIn posted...
That's a million dollars right there

If this game is a flop I would want my game to flop if I was a dev

Uh...Capcom considers a highly marketed game selling 3 million copies a failure. This s*** bombed, they thought they could push an iOS game with a z list roster on fans.
It's not the end of the world, but we can see it from here.

User Info: temgun

temgun
3 weeks ago#88
ShinobiKaze posted...
Your right, fighting games on PC are better but the community is significantly smaller on PC than on console. It's safe to play SFV on PC because of crossplay but games like blazblue, guilty gear, tekken 7, and skullgirls have such a small pop on PC to you gotta use discord community to find consistent match ups.

Have you played all the games you mentioned both on PS4 and PC? In Tekken 7, maybe the matchmaking just sucks in PS4 version, but it takes a lot less time to find a match on PC. I personally have never had problems finding matches quickly, usually it takes about 5-30 seconds both in ranked and player matches. I rarely fight the same people again. There are around 3000 players at all times and based on Steamspy and around 100k people play it regularly (i.e. at least once per two weeks). That's more than enough for a 1 vs 1 game.

Anime fighters are niche as hell, so there aren't exactly a lot of players on PS4 either. There are about 250 players in all of the other games you mentioned, so maybe you could find some randoms. A lot of people on consoles also use discord to find matches too though.

And about SF5. I don't really play it anymore, but it always took me 3-5 minutes to find a single (laggy) match. So much for that cross play. It doesn't matter if the community is slightly smaller if the matchmaking and netcode are really good.

User Info: ritsuka66

ritsuka66
3 weeks ago#89
SinisterSlay posted...
A week later and it's peaked.

Whoops

still not good
Life....Hope...Dreams, What are these things? And where are they going? These things... I will destroy! -KEFKA -

User Info: JigenJ

JigenJ
3 weeks ago#90
Most people are waiting for the super deluxe version coming out in anther year and a half with all the DLC. I'll be waiting anther 6 months after that when it's half off.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite has launched with less than 18k copies sold on steam

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived