This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dauntless is dead before it even released.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dauntless is dead before it even released.

User Info: GlLGAMESH

GlLGAMESH
2 months ago#1
I almost feel bad.

My friends recently bought the beta and tried getting me to play, but there are so many red flags, I told them I won't be joining them, but may try it when it's F2P.

Red flags:
1) The GameFAQs board is completely dead.
2) The subreddit has maybe 10 regulars.
3) There are already P2W items in the founders packs, that will surely be added to the cash shop.
4) There's an average of 50 viewers total for the game on Twitch.

And now that MH:W is coming out the very beginning of next year... All I can say is RIP Dauntless.

User Info: Mystery_Mission

Mystery_Mission
2 months ago#2
the gamefaqs board being dead is a red flag to you?

you do know gamefaqs is a pretty dead website right? the board being dead has nothing to do with the games popularity lol.

GlLGAMESH
2 months ago#3
Mystery_Mission posted...
the gamefaqs board being dead is a red flag to you?

you do know gamefaqs is a pretty dead website right? the board being dead has nothing to do with the games popularity lol.

If that was all it was then I'd agree, but since all the other things I mentioned are also true, it being dead on GameFAQs isn't helping matters.

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
2 months ago#4
Gamefaqs is currently 164th most popular US website and 360th worldwide according to Alexa. Hardly a dead website.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.

User Info: Mystery_Mission

Mystery_Mission
2 months ago#5
Cpt_Communism posted...
Gamefaqs is currently 164th most popular US website and 360th worldwide according to Alexa. Hardly a dead website.

sure i could've phrased it better but a majority of gamefaq's traffic is probably for everything other than the forums. the activity of a gamefaqs forum doesn't have much to do with a game's activity.

GlLGAMESH
2 months ago#6
Mystery_Mission posted...
Cpt_Communism posted...

sure i could've phrased it better but a majority of gamefaq's traffic is probably for everything other than the forums. the activity of a gamefaqs forum doesn't have much to do with a game's activity.

IDK man... Like I said, it's also practically dead on Twitch and Reddit. There were quite a few streamers who I follow that played it, and not a single one of them still does. When I ask them about it, they all say that it got stale, there isn't enough content, etc.

User Info: AllHailTheDead6

AllHailTheDead6
2 months ago#7
Sucks for dauntless but from everything I have seen it is just a bad game in general. Even if Monster Hunter world wasnt coming out, we have the chinese version of MHO which plays excellent and you can use an english translation patch
Steam ID AllHailTheDead

GlLGAMESH
2 months ago#8
AllHailTheDead6 posted...
Sucks for dauntless but from everything I have seen it is just a bad game in general. Even if Monster Hunter world wasnt coming out, we have the chinese version of MHO which plays excellent and you can use an english translation patch

Oh snap! Is it free? I might have to check that out to tide me over until MH:W.

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
2 months ago#9
They've been pushing those founder packs way too hard, before they even had anything ready to kill in game. That type of greed will become the word of mouth and anyone with even a slight amount of critical thinking will steer clear of that game and company just based on those actions.

I had hopes for it when I first learned of it and decided to sign up for the beta. 5 "HERE'S THE CLOSED BETA!!!111.... just buy this founder's pack for access" email's later and I'm done, officially waiting for Monster Hunter.

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
2 months ago#10
What's the gameplay like? How does it compare to MH?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dauntless is dead before it even released.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived