This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Dauntless is dead before it even released.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dauntless is dead before it even released.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#11
Cpt_Communism posted...
Gamefaqs is currently 164th most popular US website and 360th worldwide according to Alexa. Hardly a dead website.

Yet the forums are at 1/5 what they were 7-8 years ago and FAQ contributions have all but completely stopped. It's almost like all the constructive members of the website were ran off for some reason and only forum trolls and career s***posters remain.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: GlLGAMESH

GlLGAMESH
2 months ago#12
DaedalusEx posted...
What's the gameplay like? How does it compare to MH?

It's basically Monster Hunter completely stripped of all it's charm and has very little content.

You start a mission and have to find the monster on a big map. You gather ore while searching, and whack deer that are not hostile and die in one hit for... meat, I guess? There are no true small enemies on the maps, and only a few different items to collect. When you do find the monster, you shoot a flare into the air that other players need to visually see in the game world to know where you and the monster are. That's about the only cool and unique part of the game, but it's obviously not something that will make people want to play, nor is it something that will keep the game fresh.

I will say that the game does have great sound design and some pretty cool looking monsters, weapons, moves, etc. but after watching a few streams it's very easy to see that there is little to no depth, and the missions get extremely repetitive since all you're doing is basically running straight to the monster every time, besides picking up some ore and whacking deer along the way.

User Info: InnerSpace

InnerSpace
2 months ago#13
Mystery_Mission posted...
Cpt_Communism posted...
Gamefaqs is currently 164th most popular US website and 360th worldwide according to Alexa. Hardly a dead website.

sure i could've phrased it better but a majority of gamefaq's traffic is probably for everything other than the forums. the activity of a gamefaqs forum doesn't have much to do with a game's activity.

This - nobody's coming on here for the forums, and everybody should know that. You wanna know where the traffic is? It's in the title: they're here for the Game FAQs, not the witty s***posting
"How many Lowe's would Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowe's?"

User Info: GlLGAMESH

GlLGAMESH
2 months ago#14
InnerSpace posted...
Mystery_Mission posted...
Cpt_Communism posted...

sure i could've phrased it better but a majority of gamefaq's traffic is probably for everything other than the forums. the activity of a gamefaqs forum doesn't have much to do with a game's activity.

This - nobody's coming on here for the forums, and everybody should know that. You wanna know where the traffic is? It's in the title: they're here for the Game FAQs, not the witty s***posting

Except for all the people that come here for the forums...?

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
2 months ago#15
I was interested in this game because i have a love for monster hunter. The way they are handling the beta put a bad taste in my mouth.
Theres a little place where the sun sleeps late. Pours himself a shot of tequila.
Its a little place called Pleasure Island. Thats where Id like to feel ya.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Dauntless is dead before it even released.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived