This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Summer Steam Sale

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Summer Steam Sale

User Info: MarcyMarc

MarcyMarc
2 months ago#1
As we have to wait another year for the Summer Steam Sale, i was wondering which one had the biggest doscounts or are they all the same ? Feeling pretty broke

https://www.countdownworld.com/next-steam-sale

User Info: Dragonclaw_ZERO

Dragonclaw_ZERO
2 months ago#2
Recent steam sale definitely has been weaker than previous due to lack of super flash sales with 75-90% off. Average sales are 50% at best, with 25% off new releases.

In all honesty, it's kind of a bust now.
Omnia Moritura

User Info: Ultimate_Noob

Ultimate_Noob
2 months ago#3
There used to be deeper discounts before flash sales got axed to make the refund policy not living hell to deal with.

There'll probably be another sale like the summer sale around late October or in December, so there's not much need to wait for next summer. You can also find equally good sales throughout the year for individual games on isthereanydeal.com which tracks bargains on a bunch of different sites.
A pc's brain is the cpu, its heart is the motherboard, its stomach is the hard drive, and its anus is the user.

User Info: h3IIfir3pho3nix

h3IIfir3pho3nix
2 months ago#4
The winter sale at the end of December is usually your best bet. There will probably be a Thanksgiving sale though.
'F*** no. You want Nintendo games? Suck it up and get a Wii U you big fat babies'. - DemonicChaosXX
'Pretty sure this is the Nintendo mission statement' - DXMG

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
2 months ago#5
The sales on steam are no where as good as they use to be. No flash sales have killed it.

Apologist like to say "oh you just own every thing" or "do you expect a game that came out 3 months ago to be 90% off lol"

My wishlist has well over 200 games and has many games that are a few years old and most of the games are 20-50% off. I'll see a few at 75% off and if I am really really lucky might see one or two at 90% off.

My first few years on steam and I use to see games going between 75-90% off a lot. The refund system pretty much killed it as devs don't want to keep there games at that steep a discount for that long. Those great steam sales of yester year that people use to go nuts over are long gone.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#6
there is a southern hemisphere which is now spring for them.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: zxxcman

zxxcman
2 months ago#7
Well, Humble Bundle is currently having an end of summer sale, which is basically summer sale lite.
I used to have a good signature, then I got modded for it.
Now I shall try to think of something edgier to put here.

User Info: shmirlywhirl

shmirlywhirl
2 months ago#8
I feel like they could just bring back flash sales and have a no refund policy for those.
Now with 100% real fruit juice

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#9
shmirlywhirl posted...
I feel like they could just bring back flash sales and have a no refund policy for those.

Rather have the ability to get refunds. Cause what happens if the game is broken and is unplayable?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: hardy3786

hardy3786
2 months ago#10
^Isn't that why people pirate the game? To test if the game playable on their PC?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Summer Steam Sale

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived