This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A new rpg that combines shadow hearts and legend of dragoon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A new rpg that combines shadow hearts and legend of dragoon

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#1
Legrand Legacy

http://store.steampowered.com/app/556740/LEGRAND_LEGACY_Tale_of_the_Fatebounds/

I was playing through the demo and those two games came to mind. It looks/feels like LoD and the combat is similar to shadow hearts... but what I'm interested most right now is the stats you level determine what skills you learn. And they show you the next one or two skills learned at specific stats. If it gets deeper, it could have a pretty great battle system.

It is the just the demo, but it should be coming out soon. If you like old school rpgs, and don't mind old school graphics along with it, you might want to give it a try.

http://www.pcgamer.com/legrand-legacy-is-an-incoming-jrpg-inspired-by-the-classics/
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
4 weeks ago#2
My interest is piqued for sure.

Also, SEMISOFT. teehee

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 weeks ago#3
God damnit is it too much to ask for a LoD 2? I loved the combat system in that game.
Apathy....the epitome of evil or something.

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#4
DiviDude posted...
My interest is piqued for sure.

Also, SEMISOFT. teehee

Lol. I didnt notice that. Made me chuckle :P

LazyyAmerican posted...
God damnit is it too much to ask for a LoD 2? I loved the combat system in that game.

Unique combat systems dont get many sequels. It's a shame that rpgs have got away from so many things that made them worth playing... Like an interesting and/or unique battle system.
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
4 weeks ago#5
LazyyAmerican posted...

This. Too bad it won't ever happen. LoD is one of my favorite PS1 RPG's to this day. My other favorites have all gotten ports or remakes or enhanced ports or some kind or another. I really enjoyed Breath of Fire 3 and that got a port to PSP back in the day which I bought. I also loved Star Ocean: The Second Story and that got a PSP enhanced port where they redid the sprites and changed the game a little bit and added a new character and stuff. But nothing for Legend of Dragoon :(
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
4 weeks ago#6
Legend of Dragoon sold pretty well right? How come there isn't a sequel for it?

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 weeks ago#7
I don't really remember much about Legend of Dragoon as it's been literally decades since I last played it, but the artwork in the video looks more like Magna Carta: Tears of Blood from the PS2 than anything that might remind me of Legend of Dragoon or Shadow Hearts.

For that matter, what little I could see of the combat reminds me more of Magna Carta than Shadow Hearts, though that could be due to the art style.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Chass1990

Chass1990
4 weeks ago#8
I came for the LoD, was disappointed
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 * Xeon E3-1246 v3 * Noctua NH-U12S * MSI GTX 970 * Sound Blaster Z * HyperX Savage 32GB * 850 Evo * Supernova G2 750W * Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#9
Marikhen posted...
I don't really remember much about Legend of Dragoon as it's been literally decades since I last played it, but the artwork in the video looks more like Magna Carta: Tears of Blood from the PS2 than anything that might remind me of Legend of Dragoon or Shadow Hearts.

For that matter, what little I could see of the combat reminds me more of Magna Carta than Shadow Hearts, though that could be due to the art style.

Never played magna carta. I did replay both LoD and Shadow hearts covenant within the last few years.

After looking it up, I don't really see the comparison tbh. There is no 3d movement in this game and the wheel is basically the exact same as shadow hearts (there is a perfect, good, and miss locations on the wheel when pressing the button).

As far as the looks go, it is largely subjective. Just how it looks to me. The zoomed out camera in the locations and the close up camera in fights. The green triangle at exits. The way he even looked in the armor reminds me of LoD. *shrug*

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
4 weeks ago#10
Tag
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A new rpg that combines shadow hearts and legend of dragoon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived