This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A new rpg that combines shadow hearts and legend of dragoon

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A new rpg that combines shadow hearts and legend of dragoon

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
2 months ago#11
Looks oke but they kind of went the wrong way on that one. Look like shadow hearts, play like LoD, then you'd have something.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
2 months ago#12
I think shadow hearts had the better battle system, but LoD was just cool. Like you actually felt like you were attacking an enemy and not just hitting the attack button... or doing a mini game like shadow hearts.

I dont think we will ever see that timing/combo based battle system again :(

Still, I hope this turns out good. I've really been itching to play a solid old school rpg. I mean, this game has a world map you walk on... I miss those lol.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: DiviDude

DiviDude
2 months ago#13
Bleu_Skie posted...
I mean, this game has a world map you walk on... I miss those lol.

God damn so do I. In modern RPGs I don't get much feel for the scope of the gameworld anymore.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#14
Since both were horribly mediocre JRPGs with more of a cult audience than anything I'll pass.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
2 months ago#15
LazyyAmerican posted...
God damnit is it too much to ask for a LoD 2? I loved the combat system in that game.

I enjoyed reading Stephen King novels waiting for combat animations to finish.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

Bleu_Skie
2 months ago#16
1. Rpgs as a whole were for a small audience. Probably still are.
2. They weren't the best, but they were good and nicely outside the box.
3. Knights of the round shows people generally don't care about long animations... too much.
4. Stephen King is pretty mediocre most of the time.

EDIT: And you also need to remember there were sooo many rpgs back during the ps1/ps2 days. It was really easy for a good one to fall through the cracks.
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: Utinil

Utinil
2 months ago#17
Chass1990 posted...
I came for the LoD, was disappointed

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
2 months ago#18
shadow hearts is one of my all time favs

but the vibe and themes of the game are its main draw

combat was fun too, but it's not what set that game apart for me, but of course, if i hated the combat, i would have dropped that game regardless, so good i found it to be fun enough

so you saying this game has the same dark heavy tone but with some wacky JP humor in it as well?
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: CatataFish462

CatataFish462
2 months ago#19
This sounds interesting.
I am the Catata Fish
Posted using GameFlux

Bleu_Skie
2 months ago#20
VermilionX posted...
shadow hearts is one of my all time favs

but the vibe and themes of the game are its main draw

combat was fun too, but it's not what set that game apart for me, but of course, if i hated the combat, i would have dropped that game regardless, so good i found it to be fun enough

so you saying this game has the same dark heavy tone but with some wacky JP humor in it as well?

Not really. Shadow hearts is more like Victorian era with real looking places. This game is 100% fantasy and felt more like LoD to me. The game is pretty violent (opening cut scene a dude gets beheaded in a colosseum), but I wouldn't say it is dark if you meant dark as in psychological demon dark. It does have a similar battle system to SH, which is pretty much where my comparison to it ends.

This is just the demo so really just going off the first impressions. First impressions were good enough for me to make a thread about it (and I rarely do that lol)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A new rpg that combines shadow hearts and legend of dragoon

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived