This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone explain why TVs look so much like s*** to me?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can someone explain why TVs look so much like s*** to me?

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
3 weeks ago#21
Monopoman posted...
This has to be a troll topic if you look at a 4k TV and think "man that s*** looks awful" you either have a brain defect, your eyes are f***ed up, or you just love to troll.

You have absolutely no way of knowing the source material shown on them in stores, thus making your argument baseless.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
3 weeks ago#22
My 1080p Samsung LED looked awful until I renamed one of the inputs to PC then it was palpable. Still not great for gaming.

My LG C7 is phenomenal out of the box. It's better than my 27" Gsync, 144hz monitor.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: AceTheFace

AceTheFace
3 weeks ago#23
Monitors look like crap. No HDR no 10 bit panels. Sorry but PC hardware is trying to catch up.

If you want HDR your paying $1000 for th enew over priced crap.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 weeks ago#24
metaIslug posted...
I was at an electronics store

They take one signal and split it over and over and over and over and over and over until every TV they have on display has a signal. They don't care how bad it looks or how degraded the signal is.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: wantfastcars

wantfastcars
3 weeks ago#25
I dunno what electronics store you went to but at the wal-mart I worked at the ad loop we had playing on the TVs that didn't have their own built-in demos was a 480i signal, which AFAIK is the lowest-quality digital signal modern TVs can even display
Now Playing: GG Xrd Rev 2, GRIP, Redout
Now, let's count up your sins! | Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/DrPtkT

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 weeks ago#26
metaIslug posted...
Could I ask you guys something? I just found a used 32" 1080p Sony LCD . It's only $110 so it's looking really appealing. Is there a good reason not to get an LCD though? If it's bad compared to LED I don't want it, but if it's not very noticeable and I save $200+ I'll take it. Do LCDs suck?

Really depends what TV specifically it is. Sony has done good and bad models at pretty much every size under the sun. All LED tvs are using LCD panels, just with LED backlighting instead of CCFL backlighting. Only thing I'd be wary of is non LED LCD screens are usually a fair bit older.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 weeks ago#27
wildog2006 posted...
metaIslug posted...
I was at an electronics store

They take one signal and split it over and over and over and over and over and over until every TV they have on display has a signal. They don't care how bad it looks or how degraded the signal is.

Digital signals don't degrade in quality when you split them like analog did back in the day. They might lose some signal eventually, which would cause glitches in playback, but whatever they do show would still be true to the original source.

Now, if the source itself was poor quality...
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: LB3

LB3
3 weeks ago#28
Ask the sale person to let you adjust the settings. Most of them are on default.

Also the tvs tend to be on a wall right next to each other. The light from all of them plus the bright lights of the store can make it hard to get a good look. If it not real busy some stores might be willing to turn some of the tvs next to the one you are looking at off.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
3 weeks ago#29
AceTheFace posted...
Monitors look like crap. No HDR no 10 bit panels. Sorry but PC hardware is trying to catch up.

If you want HDR your paying $1000 for th enew over priced crap.

Lol. No.

HDR isn't that great but you know what is? Freesync and Gsync. Stop playing foolish. TVs have catching up to do. But I understand; you are speaking from ignorance. I get it. You just have to talk.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
3 weeks ago#30
metaIslug posted...
Could I ask you guys something? I just found a used 32" 1080p Sony LCD . It's only $110 so it's looking really appealing. Is there a good reason not to get an LCD though? If it's bad compared to LED I don't want it, but if it's not very noticeable and I save $200+ I'll take it. Do LCDs suck?

Wants to buy a $110 TV.

Wonders why TV's look like s***.

Sigh.....
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can someone explain why TVs look so much like s*** to me?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived