This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are the older Tomb Raider games decent?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the older Tomb Raider games decent?

User Info: Bringit

Bringit
3 weeks ago#11
Only thing I don't like about the old Tomb Raider games is the shooting because everything takes way too long to kill. I actually think Legends/Anniversary and Underworld were worse than the originals for this.

Otherwise they're good games, solid platforming and puzzles. Though be warned with the platforming, you often need to be pixel perfect with your jumps and it works on an almost grid-like system (kinda reminds me of the original Prince of Persia). Once you wrap your head around it though, it becomes second nature. The only thing from that point which can get truly tedious is never being sure if you're jumping towards a grabbable ledge or just a piece of scenery!

I also do not miss the save point system from the console versions, you can save scum on PC IIRC. Much more friendly to play.
"All will be well."

User Info: VideoboysaysCube

VideoboysaysCube
3 weeks ago#12
I'm playing through Anniversary now and I'm enjoying it. Legends was also decent.
This sentence has five words. This sentence has eight words. Only one sentence in this signature is true.

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
3 weeks ago#13
Every Tomb Raider games movement feels floaty.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: TimeCapsule

TimeCapsule
3 weeks ago#14
How's Guardian of Light?
The cranky hermit 3 weeks ago#15
Bringit posted...
Though be warned with the platforming, you often need to be pixel perfect with your jumps and it works on an almost grid-like system (kinda reminds me of the original Prince of Persia).

It very much uses a grid system, and being "pixel perfect" is actually pretty easy. Walk to the edge of a platform. Take one hop back. Then start running to the edge, and press and hold jump. As long as you press jump after the run animation starts, but before Lara plummets over the edge, she will jump at exactly the edge every single time without fail.
http://thecrankyhermit.shoutwiki.com
Year-by-year analysis of the finest gaming has to offer, and (eventually) more!

User Info: Cobra1010

Cobra1010
3 weeks ago#16
If the original ps1 games have some sort of save system that lets you save before every jump then id recommend them.

I remember playing em when I was a kid and could not complete any of the games. The tank controls and some fixed cameras were so awkward to use and in many places you die if you fail a jump and have to start the level all over again.
GG Riot - http://i.imgur.com/PinGPhR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Hs8Y1vQ.png
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Are the older Tomb Raider games decent?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived