This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

so yea....

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. so yea....

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 weeks ago#1
Privacy...my data....already been pillaged to kingdom come so who cares?

C/D? (Depending who you are of course)
Apathy....the epitome of evil or something.

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 weeks ago#2
It's starting to seem pointless isn't it? Make a new password every x number of days, include symbols, numbers, more than 8 characters, don't use the same password on every site, make efforts to not get phished or have viruses/keyloggers installed on your computer... Then watch as some major company has their s*** hacked because one piece of software wasn't updated (or some other stupid reason).

The worst part was with the Equifax hack... I didn't explicitly give them my information. They got it anyway and then let the hackers have it. With the yahoo hack they probably didn't get any really useful information. Equifax has all the info you'd need to open an account in my name.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Moonse

Moonse
3 weeks ago#3
According to Kreia of KOTOR II, "Apathy is death. Worse than death, because at least a rotting corpse feeds the beasts and insects...".

Start caring, as many things are still in your control. It's not too late to protect your privacy but it does need your constant vigilance and sacrifice of some conveniences. Following good practices will make it happen over time.

Having someone dig up something you did 10 years ago is not nearly as bad as digging up something you did last week if they were trying to harm you. So may as well start now.
Mind the grue.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 weeks ago#4
I've been lucky... so far at least. to not have any thing really major happen to me yet but I've had my paypal hacked into and a few other things but thankfully it has ended well.

Unfortunitly I'm sure there is going to be a time where it doesn't end so well.

I just keep changing my PW every 6 months or so and just hope for the best.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
3 weeks ago#5
Remember in Hackers when Joey breaks into Ellingson Mineral because Eugene had his password as God?
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: Cpt_Communism

Cpt_Communism
3 weeks ago#6
I recently went through and added Google Authenticator or another 2FA to all my accounts with monetary value. I'm still trusting those companies not to f*** up but at least now I feel a lot more secure on my end so I don't blame myself for anything going wrong.
You're not obligated to attend every argument.
The ability to walk away from something stupid is a huge boost to daily life.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. so yea....

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived