This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
4 weeks ago#1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foO8b1QXPQU

This video details a lot of information learned from Capcom at TGS here recently, and it's a lot of quality of life changes which I'm sure the "they ruined Monster Hunter" crowd will hate. Things like how the crafting system works. We knew weapon trees would be shown in game but apparently you can actually reverse a craft of a weapon and it will refund the materials back so you can try other weapons much more easily. Armor sets have full armor bonuses so there's an incentive to wear full sets though I imagine mix sets will still be a thing. Gone are the days of negative armor skills and the old skill point system which would lead to a ton of people wearing a mismatched armor set with no active skills (happened way more than you would think, I know from personal experience). Basically now, every piece of armor has a skill on it and those skills have varying levels which increase if you wear more than one piece of armor with that skill on it. There's more good stuff in here but that's some of the highlights for me.

Oh also, they revealed the release date for console to be January 28th, 2018 recently. No word on the PC release yet but I hope it's not far behind.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: GoIrish80

GoIrish80
4 weeks ago#2
I don’t know how in the hell I’m supposed to have a new Monster Hunter game on PC AND live the rest of my life.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#3
being able to refund materials strikes me as amazing, though it does seem like it invalidates the ol' Spiked Spear/Great Serpentblade/Etc weapon branch of "This weapon will get you to HR and then you need to make something else".

armor skills being tied to pieces of armor instead of skillpoints is also a good thing. And cuts down the grind curve since it means e.g. can use an armor piece immediately instead of needing to grind the entire set.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
4 weeks ago#4
About the armor sets thing, I remember reading about MHW having transmog or 'skins' for armors. MHXX had them also, IIRC.

So we can still do Fashion Hunter while maintaining the usefulness of full sets.
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
4 weeks ago#5
GoIrish80 posted...
I don’t know how in the hell I’m supposed to have a new Monster Hunter game on PC AND live the rest of my life.
=D
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
4 weeks ago#6
GoIrish80 posted...

It feels good. Even better for me, Ace Combat is getting an entry on the PC next year too. Two of my favorite series both getting PC releases and both are full fledged games, not just spin-offs. Ace Combat 7 looks f***ing incredible and so does this game. I can't wait for 2018 to get here.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
4 weeks ago#7
GoIrish80 posted...

Haha this
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#8
KamenRiderBlade posted...
GoIrish80 posted...
=D

Lol yup same.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Acer Predator 28" 4K G-Sync
Playing @ 4K: Quake Champions | Tekken 7

User Info: ImPickleRick

ImPickleRick
4 weeks ago#9
I'm just amazed we don't have to wait YEARS to get a localized version like every other MH release.

Now if only Phantasy Star games would actually come to the US. =/

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
4 weeks ago#10
Didnt watch the vid but from the tc text for me

In game weapon tree is fantastic. But hopefully it can be marked/highlights what you have in your weapon box.

The change in armour skill sounds like a mixed bag.

Personally I like the negative skills aspect and utilising slots effectively (eg making the effort to making mixed sets superior to any full sets)
But at the same time I can see why people dont like doing the maths when you chuck in negative bonus.
That learning of activating skills is what is core to MonHun and gives you that incentive to farm for a particular piece.
At the same time, this gind is why some people dont gel with the series

Im not 100% sure how the full set bonus works but if the incentive for full sets out weigh mixed sets then I can imagine all end game peoplr being carbon copies of one another. Kind of like Hellfire/glav weps in monhun gen.....but for armour.
In which case long term fans might dislike the armour skill changes.........Ill wait till more info comes before I complain XP
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived