This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#11
it_r_over9000 posted...
apparently you can actually reverse a craft of a weapon and it will refund the materials back so you can try other weapons much more easily.

Huh...not sure how I feel about that.

I mean...I don't see a negative to it really. But it doesn't *feel* right, ya know? But I guess that might just be the "But it's how we've always done it" mentality that I hate...and for once I'm the one doijg it.

it_r_over9000 posted...
Armor sets have full armor bonuses so there's an incentive to wear full sets though I imagine mix sets will still be a thing.

That's good. I mean honestly, it's a bit obnoxious for an armour set to give you 8 points in something so you have to make gems to get the benefit. Especially since in most MH games the skill system is not well explained. The ratio of new players who understand the system compared to those who look at the skill list and say "I guess I have all of those then?" must be high.

it_r_over9000 posted...
Basically now, every piece of armor has a skill on it and those skills have varying levels which increase if you wear more than one piece of armor with that skill on it. There's more good stuff in here but that's some of the highlights for me.

That does have the possibility to limit skill setups later I guess...like if you're after a certain skillset and there is literally no armour set capable of giving you a good build for what you want to do.

But on the whole I'm staying optimistic.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Tyranius2

Tyranius2
2 months ago#12
Has there been any word about a server browser or something? I want to be able to create a room with the name I specify ie: "Hunting Tigrex, break head and claws".
Bolsonaro 2018
Fizz Buzz for life

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
2 months ago#13
Still waiting for the PC version's system requirements.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#14
Tyranius2 posted...
Has there been any word about a server browser or something? I want to be able to create a room with the name I specify ie: "Hunting Tigrex, break head and claws".

Not that I'm aware of. The DS versions didn't have anything like that either.

HeliosMagi posted...
Still waiting for the PC version's system requirements.

I hope they're fairly lenient so more people can play it. I'm sure I'll be able to brute force max settings at 1440p or almost max. I'm excited to see the game at high resolution with a high frame rate. The console version is 30 FPS capped if I remember correctly.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#15
Dragon Nexus posted...
Huh...not sure how I feel about that.

I mean...I don't see a negative to it really. But it doesn't *feel* right, ya know? But I guess that might just be the "But it's how we've always done it" mentality that I hate...and for once I'm the one doijg it.

I'm really excited for this if it indeed gives back all required materials. I can't count the number of times I've had to hunt for rares because I was crafting multiple weapons from the same tree and each required a rare drop that was a pain in the ass to get. It was the worst when you wanted to craft something from a subspecies like Azure Rathalos or Silver Rathalos and you also had the normal Rathalos weapon and they would all require rubies and then mantles.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: Ulyaoth74

Ulyaoth74
2 months ago#16
They seem to always re-release a Monster Hunter game with more content, as Ultimate or G Rank. I really hope that the PC version will just have an update in the form of an expansion pack, rather than making me purchase the game over again and then having to start my character all over again as well.
The Universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience. Why should you deserve special consideration above all else?

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#17
I don't remember if this was covered in the video above but I just watched another video and it shows how the armor crafting menu is set up. Basically, armor is grouped by armor sets instead of by the various pieces. So basically no more scrolling through all the helmets, gloves, chest pieces, and faulds to get to the boots. Also there's a wish list feature where you can put armor and weapons and you'll get in game notifications when you acquire necessary materials, even during hunts. I guess that's a feature returning from Tri.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#18
Crapcom can suck a dick. I bet this game will be fill with hundreds of microtransactions. You killed your hunt monster, GOOD JOB! now pay us .99$ to continue
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

it_r_over9000
2 months ago#19
Really nice thing I just learned. The game will have a training room with visible command paths and inputs shown to let you practice combos without having to go into a quest. Guns will have infinite ammo here as well. Great for beginners to learn how a weapon works without having to get wrecked by a monster while doing it.

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
2 months ago#20
it_r_over9000 posted...
you can actually reverse a craft of a weapon and it will refund the materials back so you can try other weapons much more easily

Refund of 100% of the materials seems weird - common sense would dictate there should be some kind of penalty, but oh well. I doubt I will be using this feature a lot, as I like having options when it comes to weapons. I can see myself using it only when I missclick and upgrade a weapon to something I didn't want.

it_r_over9000 posted...
Armor sets have full armor bonuses so there's an incentive to wear full sets though I imagine mix sets will still be a thing.

That's cool, I was worried about full sets having no advantage over mixed ones.

it_r_over9000 posted...
Gone are the days of negative armor skills and the old skill point system which would lead to a ton of people wearing a mismatched armor set with no active skills (happened way more than you would think, I know from personal experience). Basically now, every piece of armor has a skill on it and those skills have varying levels which increase if you wear more than one piece of armor with that skill on it. There's more good stuff in here but that's some of the highlights for me.

Lack of negative skills is a weird one for me. I did like having to consider downsides to using a set, but I guess it would be difficult to balance well now that the points system is gone. As for the points system being gone, I like how streamlined it is. I didn't have any problem with the points system, but let's be honest - most people used armor builders anyways and never calculated the points by themselves.

it_r_over9000 posted...
No word on the PC release yet but I hope it's not far behind.

So do I, man, so do I...

Ulyaoth74 posted...
They seem to always re-release a Monster Hunter game with more content, as Ultimate or G Rank. I really hope that the PC version will just have an update in the form of an expansion pack, rather than making me purchase the game over again and then having to start my character all over again as well.

They will be torn apart if they go with the classic approach to the ultimate versions. Japanese players might be willing to eat that up, Western are not.

it_r_over9000 posted...
Really nice thing I just learned. The game will have a training room with visible command paths and inputs shown to let you practice combos without having to go into a quest. Guns will have infinite ammo here as well. Great for beginners to learn how a weapon works without having to get wrecked by a monster while doing it.

That's great! I always wanted a training room in monster hunter. I hope we can have some monster-shaped manequinn's in there as well! Infinite ammo also sounds good, but I wonder if it's going to be somehow unlockable? Or do I just make a gun and can immediately use any ammo its compatible with?

Fade2black001 posted...
Crapcom can suck a dick. I bet this game will be fill with hundreds of microtransactions. You killed your hunt monster, GOOD JOB! now pay us .99$ to continue

So far it seems like there may be aesthetic microtransactions, seeing how Capcom includes facepaints and a hairstyle in the pre-order or deluxe edition (forgot which one).
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived