This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
3 weeks ago#21
Darth_Kamcio posted...

Refund of 100% of the materials seems weird - common sense would dictate there should be some kind of penalty, but oh well. I doubt I will be using this feature a lot, as I like having options when it comes to weapons. I can see myself using it only when I missclick and upgrade a weapon to something I didn't want.

We don't know yet if it's a 100% refund or not. I hope so but even a partial refund is nice. Sometimes those common items you need by the 10's (Rathalos claws as a good example) never drop so having to farm monsters for multiple weapons is a pain in the ass.

Darth_Kamcio posted...

That's great! I always wanted a training room in monster hunter. I hope we can have some monster-shaped manequinn's in there as well! Infinite ammo also sounds good, but I wonder if it's going to be somehow unlockable? Or do I just make a gun and can immediately use any ammo its compatible with?

Edit: Easier to just link a video of it;

https://youtu.be/p4_d77u5OYw?t=10m35s

Darth_Kamcio posted...
Lack of negative skills is a weird one for me. I did like having to consider downsides to using a set, but I guess it would be difficult to balance well now that the points system is gone. As for the points system being gone, I like how streamlined it is. I didn't have any problem with the points system, but let's be honest - most people used armor builders anyways and never calculated the points by themselves.

I'm thoroughly for this change because of the insane (to me) number of people I had join my lobbies who would be in G-Rank with no active armor skills with seemingly random pieces with no thought. The good players used Athena's ASS but good lord did I see a ton of bad players with horrid armor combinations.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: Darth_Kamcio

Darth_Kamcio
3 weeks ago#22
it_r_over9000 posted...
I'm thoroughly for this change because of the insane (to me) number of people I had join my lobbies who would be in G-Rank with no active armor skills with seemingly random pieces with no thought. The good players used Athena's ASS but good lord did I see a ton of bad players with horrid armor combinations.

Well, I hope it all turns out all right, but from my experience games that catered to bad players didn't benefit in the long run.
You have absolutely no right to complain about a decision you decided to support with your money. Be smart and vote with your wallets!

User Info: Bossdog421

Bossdog421
3 weeks ago#23
Only thing i need to know is the PC release date to see if i have to double dip.
Theres a little place where the sun sleeps late. Pours himself a shot of tequila.
Its a little place called Pleasure Island. Thats where Id like to feel ya.

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
3 weeks ago#24
Darth_Kamcio posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...

Well, I hope it all turns out all right, but from my experience games that catered to bad players didn't benefit in the long run.

At the end of the day they still have to hit it until it dies and don't get hit. It's still a Monster Hunter game after all.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti OC | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1.5TB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: desert_santa

desert_santa
3 weeks ago#25
The more changes I hear of, the more I feel like checking the game out. Is it releasing on Steam? I don't mind a delay as I want to buy Ni no kuni. Please don't release the same time as Kingdom Come Deliverance.
It's not about the hardware in your hands, it's the software in your hearts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New Monster Hunter World information from TGS

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived