This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Divinity os 2 is the only western RPG done right

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Divinity os 2 is the only western RPG done right

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
2 months ago#1
My biggest gripe about WRPGs is the tons and tons of reading you have to do...which is fine... But more so than not in mostly any WRPG i played you are gonna have to read. Right off the back with Divinity conversations are short and sweet, journal is not a bloated mess, i am engaged into the world than having to read about it

Major companys need to take note
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
2 months ago#2
I like reading things in games as long as they are relevant to my current situation. A huge book on the lore of the world I couldn't care less about.
Apathy....the epitome of evil or something.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
2 months ago#3
A lot of people play these games FOR the reading.

User Info: Unknown281

Unknown281
2 months ago#4
ElDudorino posted...
A lot of people play these games FOR the reading.

lol

User Info: CommunismFTW

CommunismFTW
2 months ago#5
The reason I love the Souls series so much is the rich and complicated lore is all implied and suggested. There's probably 10 pages of dialog that's spoken in all the games combined, max.
Since only from below can one better see the heights.
http://i.imgur.com/OhZgm.jpg

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
2 months ago#6
To be fair, there are a lot of unplayer-friendly things going on in the game. I've played through a bunch of the first one before going into DoS:2, but I am still scratching my head wondering what the intended path through fort joy is. I've went through that part of the game three times now and each time I've gotten through entirely different than the others.

I got my roommates to buy it for coop (last crpg they've played was NWN and fallout 2), they are both instantly lost having no idea what's going on. I had to lower the difficulty from classic to Explorer for them because one is a undead wizard who is constantly having troubles healing himself while the other is playing as a 2 hander polymorph wizard that's constantly complaining that he can never move around fast enough to get to combat since most enemies so far are ranged.

I've personaly been loving my single-player save in the game, but watching new players learn the game even with me guiding them through it has been a test of patience for sure.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png
(message deleted)

User Info: VoidNoodle

VoidNoodle
2 months ago#8
wizardmon posted...
To be fair, there are a lot of unplayer-friendly things going on in the game. I've played through a bunch of the first one before going into DoS:2, but I am still scratching my head wondering what the intended path through fort joy is. I've went through that part of the game three times now and each time I've gotten through entirely different than the others.

I got my roommates to buy it for coop (last crpg they've played was NWN and fallout 2), they are both instantly lost having no idea what's going on. I had to lower the difficulty from classic to Explorer for them because one is a undead wizard who is constantly having troubles healing himself while the other is playing as a 2 hander polymorph wizard that's constantly complaining that he can never move around fast enough to get to combat since most enemies so far are ranged.

I've personaly been loving my single-player save in the game, but watching new players learn the game even with me guiding them through it has been a test of patience for sure.

Why is your 2hander wizard having trouble moving? He's a polymorph, get the wings. I'm pretty sure it's available in Fort Joy. If not, use the Bull Horn and its rush ability.

If you invest in Warfare you can get Phoenix Dive also, which also works with pyrokinetics.

Anyway, aside from some cheesy encounters like that boss that has an AoE spell that removes constitution(seriously wtf is this spell, literally -5 con per cast and it stacks. I was wondering why my party got one shotted: they had like 5 con lol), I think D:OS 2 is pretty easy if you do all of the stuff.

Although in this game killing everyone = best EXP
2017 Goal: 400pp and 500pp. Current top play: 307pp
HHKB Pro 2 | Ducky One TKL RGB | Quickfire TK | Corsair K90

User Info: VermilionX

VermilionX
2 months ago#9
i used to have a lot patience when i was young, i played so many games w/o internet help, strat guides, etc

not anymore... spoiled now with quest markers

i don't really get stuck a lot in games, but when i do now... if i can't figure it out in 30 mins or so... i look it up

before... i would get stuck for days and even 1 week, and i kept looking for solutions

i bought divinity 1... too old school for me... i was there, don't wanna relive those days lolz
CFN: Zerokage me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
https://s20.postimg.org/pnpy1roln/DSC03916.jpg

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#10
What joke troll topic or extreme ignorant or all, yeah, I'm going to go with all three.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Divinity os 2 is the only western RPG done right

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived