This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Divinity os 2 is the only western RPG done right

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Divinity os 2 is the only western RPG done right

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
2 months ago#11
Unknown281 posted...
ElDudorino posted...
A lot of people play these games FOR the reading.

lol

what the f*** is so funny?
Rofl House

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#12
Ghost_Turtle posted...
Unknown281 posted...
ElDudorino posted...

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6oJVtD3t8w
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#13
JKatarn posted...
Ghost_Turtle posted...
Unknown281 posted...
ElDudorino posted...

lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6oJVtD3t8w

Lol love Jim carry
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
2 months ago#14
I don't understand how a person gets to the point where they think that reading is . . hard.

If you think reading is a difficult thing to do - turn your computer off, and enroll in some remedial courses at a local community college, or elementary school.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Maverick_Reznor

Maverick_Reznor
2 months ago#15
Born Lucky posted...
I don't understand how a person gets to the point where they think that reading is . . hard.

That's the next generation for you.
They don't like to read.
Currently Playing :Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#16
Born Lucky posted...

It's not that reading is hard per se so much as it is that the format, presentation, and expectations can make it problematic at best.

I read something like 3-6 books per week. I've read books on Kindle, tablets, and even first generation PSPs as well as paper and hard back "real" books.

For all that, however, I have trouble reading books on laptop or desktop. I'm generally okay with message boards, and short story stuff is usually a do'able read as well. When it comes to out and out books, however, something about reading them on PC/laptop just gives me issues where by brain tries to white out when I look at the text.

The bad thing is that even though I started gaming in the early to mid-80s and "grew up" in the Windows 95/98 era of gaming, I'm quickly reaching that point with text-filled games that don't have voice acting. I didn't have a problem in the world with the text in Morrowind when it was released, but these days? Bleh.

The reading isn't difficulty by any stretch, but getting the back of my brain to simmer down and shut up while I read seems to get more difficult with every year. It occurs to me that this might be due to a two part issue.

Enforced intellectual laziness and stimulation withdrawal. What it boils down to is that reading is sort of a mental muscle, and reading in different environments/fashions are like different subsets of the same muscle group. When one falls out of use it becomes harder to exercise it, and with the rise of voice acting it's rare that we miss any lost ability to read text in video games.

By the same token, reading is a very visual activity, and when we're actively reading text we can't very well play a game. Having to sit down, shut up, and read provides less mental stimulation than listening to a couple paragraphs of dialogue while killing the hoards of Hell. This could easily in turn leave us feeling antsy, itchy, as if we should be actively participating in the game and Doing Something other than just sitting there, reading.

Contrast all that with sitting down to read a book. You're using to reading books in a hand-held format, something that PCs and laptops aren't, and you're used to devoting most if not all of your attention to the task while reading. You don't feel pressured to look for ammo, find another treasure chest, or reload a gun or quicksave while you read, and because you don't feel that pressure you can avoid the sort of reinforcing loops that might creep in when you try to read in a game, feel pressured to move on, have that pressure make reading more difficult, and have that difficulty in turn make you feel like you're wasting your time and even more pressured to move on. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Just a random thought on the subject, however. I frankly don't really know why I can't read books on PC/laptop and have far more trouble with lots of written dialogue in games now than I did 20 years ago despite reading just as many "offline" books now as I did 10, 20, and even 30 years ago.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Zewsdi

Zewsdi
2 months ago#17
Marikhen posted...
Born Lucky posted...

I read something like 3-6 books per week..

I don't believe you.

User Info: nativeboi85

nativeboi85
2 months ago#18
Zewsdi posted...
Marikhen posted...
Born Lucky posted...

I don't believe you.

Lmao
gofundme.com/rqsbj8 lets raise that fleek for the ultimate boss video

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
2 months ago#19
Zewsdi posted...
Marikhen posted...
Born Lucky posted...

https://i.imgur.com/R4ig9ia.gif

FTFY. Also, why?
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#20
Marikhen posted...
Zewsdi posted...
Marikhen posted...
Born Lucky posted...

https://i.imgur.com/R4ig9ia.gif

FTFY. Also, why?

"If you want to throwdown fisticuffs, I've got Jack Johnson and Tom O'Leary right here!"
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Divinity os 2 is the only western RPG done right

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived