This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

MSI Monitor Settings Help!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. MSI Monitor Settings Help!

User Info: phyrex318

phyrex318
4 weeks ago#1
So I have received my MSI 27' LED 144hz 1080 Curved Monitor after battling with an LG UHD monitor that was giving me hell. First and for most this monitor is GREAT! Its been stress free out of the box and so far I am enjoying it quite alot. But I have noticed there could be room for improvement on the colors and I have a few questions about getting the best settings out of it and understanding what the Overclock option does.

So setting wise here is what my video card and monitor are set too.

Monitor: MSI Optix G27C 27" Curved Black/Red 4ms (GTG) AMD FreeSync Gaming Monitor 1920 x 1080 144 Hz
Settings: Color: Warm, Refresh Rate: 144 hz DCR: Off, Overclock: On, Brightness 95, Contrast 75, Mode: Standard (Tried RTS, looks good but text on the browse seems....off and harder to read).

Video Card: XFX RX 480 8 Gig
Settings using control center: AMD Freesync: On, Virtual Super Resolution: On, GPU Scaling: On, Scaling Mode: Preserve Aspect Ratio, Color Depth: 8 bpc, Color Mode: Vivid.

With all that in mind I noticed there is a MSI Gaming Center that seems to have the ability to further control and tweak the monitor, however i am not sure if that only works if you have an MSI card, which i do not. Could someone shed some light on if that is worth downloading for further tweaking/adjusting?

Is there anything else I can do, change, or tweak to get the best look out of this monitor, as it stands it seems some of the oranges and yellows don't quite... pop as much as they could but its only a very minor annoyance more then anything. I've also noticed on heavy white backgrounds such as Gamefaqs there there seems to be the presence of some slanted shadows in the background, possibly some form of light bleed or something? Not sure how to describe what it is but it is a tad annoying, on color and grayish backgrounds its not present. Also could someone explain how Overlock for the monitor works and other then switching it On what can i do with it?

Thanks for any help!

phyrex318
4 weeks ago#2
Bump

phyrex318
4 weeks ago#3
Anyone?

phyrex318
4 weeks ago#4
Final Bump

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#5
Hold on let me read your wall of text lol
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

mucloud
4 weeks ago#6
Did you Google your monitors color tweak?

Also what model is this you did not say it.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

phyrex318
4 weeks ago#7
mucloud posted...
Did you Google your monitors color tweak?

Also what model is this you did not say it.

I did say what model it is. MSI 27' Optix G27C.

Also yes I tried, multiple attempts at different searches yielded very little in terms of results or other users looking for feedback.

mucloud
4 weeks ago#8
Ya I just tried to search it and nothing, try tomshardware and see if anyone knows there.

This monitor did not fair well off of amazon.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. MSI Monitor Settings Help!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived