This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LoL/PuBG fanboy mindset

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. LoL/PuBG fanboy mindset

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
2 months ago#21
Grow up

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#22
farigonti posted...
Grow up
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Moonse

Moonse
2 months ago#23
PlayerAnonymous posted...
JKatarn posted...
Dragon Nexus posted...
Any particular reason this needed its own topic? Are you that starved for attention, TC?

Well he's on GameFAQs for one, and apparently inordinately concerned what his Steam friends think of the games he plays, so I'd say yes.

I'm concerned on how they could change gaming, especialy the dumbasses that call themselves gamers in china and south east asia. It's they're fault for all the microtransactions in gaming and the negativity we get as a community.

You're letting the irritations and opinions of others upset you. This is pointless and self destructive.

Games are a very broad thing now, it's nonsensical to blanket anyone or anything as "gaming" or "gamer".
There are games you like, which you should play if you wish. There are games you won't like, which you can ignore.

There is a market for microtransactions and this is solely why it exists, you are under no obligation to be part of that market.
As long as there are others not willing to be a part of it there will be that niche market that will always exist among your age group or demographic that will eventually be the new retro. It really wouldn't matter if 90% of games in the future are riddled with microtransactions as no one's forcing you to buy them.

Accept that someday your preferences won't be of the majority and that it is okay. It is okay for people to like things you don't.
Mind the grue.

User Info: Beasthunt

Beasthunt
2 months ago#24
Bleu_Skie posted...
No such thing as a "real" gamer. Anyone who uses that to try and prove a point isnt worth your time.

Pretty much this.
Gamertag: Beasthunt, PSN: Beasthunt, Steam: Beasthunt
Acts 2:38

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#25
Moonse posted...
There are games you like, which you should play if you wish. There are games you won't like, which you can ignore.

This needs emblazening in giant letters on top of every single message board on this site.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: Djoser2000

Djoser2000
2 months ago#26
I laugh at "real" gamers, who never played multiple platforms, never played something else like MOBAs, FPS, Fifa.

Actually I pitty you guys.

User Info: premature tyrant

premature tyrant
2 months ago#27
Maverick_Reznor posted...
ThePandaForest posted...
lol is pretty much the official video game of planet earth

for casual gamers

except plenty of hardcore gamers play it
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/pandaforest/saved/
- BEST possible gaming PC builds for the $$$ -

User Info: Threnagyn

Threnagyn
2 months ago#28
I'm 28 now. I have a full time job, a girlfriend, friends, etc. In order to not get destroyed immediately in these types of competitive multiplayer games, you need to put in a good amount of time to 'git-gud' - I don't really have this kind of time anymore, and I don't want to wait around for a match just so I can get demolished in a few minutes, rinse and repeat until my 30-60 min play session for the day is over. Does growing up an not having hours upon hours to develop my skills mean I'm not a real PC gamer?

It's actually more fun and laid back for me to play games like Rimworld, where I know I can actually enjoy my 30-60 minutes at a time without feeling stressed and dying every few minutes, as strange as that sounds.

Back when I was a teen, I used to play similar games like America's Army, and did amazing. I just sat around and played for hours back then though. The people I was picking off back then were probably like I am now and had more going on in life.

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#29
Djoser2000 posted...
I laugh at "real" gamers, who never played multiple platforms, never played something else like MOBAs, FPS, Fifa.

Actually I pitty you guys.

I dislike MOBAs and sports games, but I agree with your general point.
I feel being a gamer means opening yourself up to multiple genres and platforms to experience all that you can.

But then...that's not the *only* way one should enjoy gaming. Some people just like a certain genre, like shooters or strategy. Some people like lots of stuff but dislike specific genres (I dislike pretty much anything sports that isn't racing).

At the end of the day gaming is a hobby. It's meant to be enjoyed and you shouldn't twist your method of play to cater to someone else's expectations of how you should enjoy your leisure time.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
2 months ago#30
Moonse posted...
Accept that someday your preferences won't be of the majority and that it is okay. It is okay for people to like things you don't.

That requires a measure of maturity, something that seems in short supply on GameFAQs (and the Internet at large).
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. LoL/PuBG fanboy mindset

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived