This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New PC: Monitor has a flickering horizontal line when hooked up with displayport

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New PC: Monitor has a flickering horizontal line when hooked up with displayport

User Info: AceTheFace

AceTheFace
2 months ago#1
So I just built a new PC.
Ryzen 1600 Vega 56 video card Samsung 144hz freesync monitor 16gb ram 500gb ssd 650watt plat psu MSI x370 mobo
Anyways while hooked up to displayport i have a flickering horizontal line that is wavy. The whole line of pixels. When I play games overtime my screen will also become shadowed with purple or red. It just happens as I play and if I go in to settings and switch a setting say from freesync on to off it goes away but will come back again.
If I hook a hdmi cord I have no issues. I started with a RX 580 video card and new vega 56 didn't fix this. Ordered a new Displayport first and that did nothing.
Thought I would ask for help.

User Info: Masamune_DS

Masamune_DS
2 months ago#2
If the monitor works fine with the HDMI, and the issue only occurs with DP, then perhaps the monitor's DP port is damaged. Or damaged else where. Since this monitor is new, you should have it under warranty, right?
If a wizard turns me into Dawn then I would sooo touch myself every single night. ~ SoulGainDestiny

AceTheFace
2 months ago#3
Ya i made sure to buy my parts from amazon for nice easy returns.

AceTheFace
2 months ago#4
Just don't want to return my monitor, and order a new on and have the same issue. Then I have to go down the line in parts.

Would hdmi woking perfect cross out other parts that could of been the issue. Like psu, ram, mobo.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#5
Try a Certified DP cable it might just be a crappy cable.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

AceTheFace
2 months ago#6
Found out its 100% my monitor. Hooked my ps4 pro to it with a hdmi and screen turned yellow everywhere while playing a game.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
2 months ago#7
Those Samsung 144 hz monitors are known to have issues especially ones made in 2016.. request a 2017 version if you replace it

AceTheFace
2 months ago#8
wentzelot posted...
Those Samsung 144 hz monitors are known to have issues especially ones made in 2016.. request a 2017 version if you replace it

Ya mine says march 2017. But I think I will stay away from this monitor.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#9
AceTheFace posted...
Ya i made sure to buy my parts from amazon for nice easy returns.

Ya Newegg only does replacements, no refunds. Amazon you can return it for any reason within the 30 day window.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. New PC: Monitor has a flickering horizontal line when hooked up with displayport

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived