This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - worth it?

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#1
I already have Deus Ex: Human Revolution on Steam,but not the DLC.
Now the Directors Cut is on sale for $3.99.
Is it worth getting this for that price , since I already have the original.??
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#2
No, it's worth full price.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | B350 Tomahawk | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | 28" Acer Predator 4K GSync 1ms
Playing : Quake Champions

User Info: candlefighter

candlefighter
4 weeks ago#3
BrokenMachine85 posted...

Born Lucky isn't asking if the game is worth it but if the differences that come with the game are.

User Info: bluemoogle

bluemoogle
4 weeks ago#4
You're basically paying $4 for the DLC then, since that's the main difference.

The director's cut also includes some changes to the bosses to allow different options to defeating them (including stealth and pacifist iirc).

The DLC is also "integrated" into the game, so you don't have to open a separate game client, like you normally do. It doesn't feel totally integrated into the story, it's still very much a side mission, but at least it all loads seemlessly. Going for a max achievement run is a little harder now because of this integration, but that only matters if you're trying to min-max the number of runs to play.

It also removes the yellow filter the original game, which some think make the game look better, but a few think it lost some of the style. I think the game looks a little more washed out without the filter.

It's absolutely worth $4. You'll be playing the main campaign again to play the DLC, which is a fun enough experience on its own. The DLC is very well made, it's a full mission that lasts 3-4 hours, has lots of different routes like the original missions. The story is forgettable, but it's a side mission. If you liked the stealth RPG mechanics of the original, you'll have fun with the director's cut.
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
4 weeks ago#5
candlefighter posted...
BrokenMachine85 posted...

Born Lucky isn't asking if the game is worth it but if the differences that come with the game are.

In that case - Texture and lighting updates + all the DLC and yes.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | B350 Tomahawk | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | 28" Acer Predator 4K GSync 1ms
Playing : Quake Champions

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#6
Thanks for the input.
I'm gonna grab it.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
4 weeks ago#7
Directors Cut is a port of the WiiU version which was a rebuild of the game with inferior textures and engine. It's a pile of s***. Avoid.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
4 weeks ago#8
Hi C posted...
Directors Cut is a port of the WiiU version which was a rebuild of the game with inferior textures and engine. It's a pile of s***. Avoid.

Wow really? pretty underhanded if true
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: 94mav98

94mav98
4 weeks ago#9
The Wii U version is still the best console version though, oddly enough.
"Every single new Final Fantasy game is the one that ruined the franchise forever, and this is obvious the second they announce the title."

User Info: Rebellian

Rebellian
4 weeks ago#10
Cool_Dude667 posted...
Hi C posted...

Wow really? pretty underhanded if true

Ignore him, he doesn't know what he's talking about. The game Is good no matter what version you play.
FC: 5155-2969-5674; Pokemon Moon Trainer Name: Jozen
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvhuszfLpT1qauec3o1_250.gif
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut - worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived