This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Sonic Mania, anyone give it a try?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So Sonic Mania, anyone give it a try?

User Info: Somato

Somato
3 weeks ago#11
According to the Steam page it still has Denuvo

I got it few days after it was releaqsed. I really enjoyed it but it made me realise something about myself.

I;ve gotten pretty bad at Sonic games with age. I couldn't get past the 4th stage.....
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: rusty12000

rusty12000
3 weeks ago#12
It's by far the best sonic game since Sonic 3 and knuckles. If you liked the classics then you will love Mania. I bought it on the Switch, but I'm sure it's just as good on Steam.
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM

User Info: Supremo

Supremo
3 weeks ago#13
Yes I got it at PC release day, perfect game for us 30+ years old who had a Mega Drive growing up. Gave me good feelings playing it.

Still could have been a lot better. They had a poor choice of Emerald level, the lamp post could have multiple bonus stages based on ring collection instead of only Blue Spheres... The Metal Sonic fight is unnecessarily long.

The game actually had me interested in revisiting Sonic 3 and Knuckles, which is, of course, the much better and more cohesive game.
Every moment gives us a chance to become more than what we are. - Ryu

User Info: Jedi454

Jedi454
3 weeks ago#14
I didn't buy it because of the Denuvo DRM.
England is my city.

User Info: Zewsdi

Zewsdi
3 weeks ago#15
Just grabbed it. The f***ing friends song is damn good, give it a listen if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9zwpMj_8A

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 weeks ago#16
Just wait until you get to Studiopolis
(message deleted)

User Info: Unknown281

Unknown281
3 weeks ago#18
Jedi454 posted...
I didn't buy it because of the Denuvo DRM.

Lol..smh..

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
3 weeks ago#19
Supremo posted...
Still could have been a lot better. They had a poor choice of Emerald level, the lamp post could have multiple bonus stages based on ring collection instead of only Blue Spheres... The Metal Sonic fight is unnecessarily long.

To be fair though:
- the chasing the UFO one is based on Sonic CD
- multiple bonus stage based on ring collection is from the abomination of Sonic 3 & Knuckles(I prefer the games as standalone; much better plot-wise)

I agree with you on the Metal Sonic fight. From what I saw, it was really long and boring. The Phase 1 chase is okay, the Phase 3 chase is also okay. It's Phase 2 with the machine that's the snooze fest
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
3 weeks ago#20
WhyWontHeFall posted...
No. I'm going to punish them for having denuvo.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So Sonic Mania, anyone give it a try?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived