This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Sonic Mania, anyone give it a try?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So Sonic Mania, anyone give it a try?

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
2 months ago#31
gtomanga posted...
https://i.imgur.com/CXkbYKf.png

All games end up being out of date & unsupported by the devs/ publishers at some point in the future... I don't get your point?

OT - Yeah bought it day one, loved it, the Sonic 4 we've all craved for how long, anticipating the sequel. As for Denuvo, maybe people should be pissed at the pirates who make these things happen, rather than a publisher for trying to protect their product during it's launch. Oh wait, majority of these people were never gonna buy the game anyway, who are we kidding?
Idiots voting for idiots.

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
2 months ago#32
I got screwed over because PC was my only way to play the game, so I preordered the Collector's Edition not knowing the game would have Denuvo as it was never mentioned til release. While this irked me, I had no way to refund the game and just had to deal with it. Sega's s***ty business practices aside, the game is one of the best Sonic games ever, if not the best one ever, period. I had a blast beating it and will probably go for 100% at some point cause it's seriously that fun. I recommend it to anyone with even a slight love for classic 2D platformers and/or Sonic but would encourage anyone with a Switch/PS4/XB1 to get it on one of those systems instead and avoid the s*** DRM and lack of control options. I had to use a third party program to even be able to use my Genesis gamepad with the game.
Listen to post-punk.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
2 months ago#33
I wasn't going to get it in the first place. Even more aside from it because of the Denuvo, but I tend to not like 2D Sonic games because there's never enough screen space for that kind of thing. I'd be interested in seeing someone do a remake or hack of Sonic 1 or something where it has a camera like Castlevania: Harmony of Despair in that you can drag it out all the way if you so please, or just drag it out a variable amount if you're still interested in being able to actually see where Sonic is.

Like how Mega Man Zero activates enemies and such outside of the visible space, so if you're just going through you'll run into some little one-wheel bastard head on. Would be so much less terrible if it didn't count damage taken in ranking.

User Info: GeneralFox

GeneralFox
2 months ago#34
Picked it up first day for the PC, 24 hours of play later I 100%ed the game. All Gold medals, all achievements, completed single player with every character inlcuding & Knuckles mode.

I'm still playing it too, and enjoying the hell out of it. Been playing time attack now to try and get good times in the level/zones now.

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
2 months ago#35
It looks like everything I'd want out of a non-metroid platformer, I just have far, far too much other stuff I aught to get around to playing and no time to play any of it.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
2 months ago#36
I decided not to bother, since they delayed it just to shoehorn DRM into it.
I hardly play Sonic 1~Sonic and Knuckles anymore anyway, so it's not a big deal.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Cheezmeister

Cheezmeister
2 months ago#37
tl;dr It's amazing. Go buy it.
I make games!
http://luchenlabs.com

User Info: JonWood007

JonWood007
2 months ago#38
It's the most amazing 2d sonic game since the genesis days.
i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | 16GB EVGA DDR4 | GTX 760 2 GB | 1 TB HDD | W10 x64 | 750W Thermaltake Toughpower | 1600x900

User Info: gtomanga

gtomanga
2 months ago#39
richisdisturbed posted...
gtomanga posted...
https://i.imgur.com/CXkbYKf.png

All games end up being out of date & unsupported by the devs/ publishers at some point in the future... I don't get your point?

if the 10 year time limit is up
or
the denuvo company ended up shutting down,
bye bye PC game that ppl bought with there money.
Ys,megaman,harvest moon,sly cooper,rune factory,shin megami tensei,growlanser,superman,bomberman,shump,sonic fan

User Info: oblique365

oblique365
2 months ago#40
It was fun for a bit got bored at flying battery zone 2 thougg and havent played since. It made me play sonic 3 because hydrocity zone.
i5 4590, Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A mobo, 8gb ram, samsung 850 evo 250gb ssd, Wd blue 1tb Hdd, Evga 500w psu, Corsair carbide spec01 case, Msi gtx 1060 6gb
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So Sonic Mania, anyone give it a try?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived