This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Steam achievements blocked by FOV mod?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam achievements blocked by FOV mod?

User Info: AnatomyHorror

AnatomyHorror
4 weeks ago#11
94mav98 posted...
I mostly just want to change the FOV, from this:

https://i.imgur.com/MazE0S4.jpg

to this:

https://i.imgur.com/o4G9JST.jpg

Without risking my Steam account getting banned. I could deal with the original FOV on my 3DS, but the wider mod shown above is closer to how Revelations 2 looks by default so I'd prefer to play it like that.

Your Steam account would never get banned for using a cheat in a multiplayer game. You could get VAC banned but that's game specific.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#12
vlado_e posted...
Valve doesn't but the achievements are up to the developer. Some disable them for any mods, other are still strict but a bit more liberal

I was more addressing the risk of getting an account ban, which is minimal/non-existent as long as you're not using mods/hacks in MP servers.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#13
AnatomyHorror posted...
Your Steam account would never get banned for using a cheat in a multiplayer game. You could get VAC banned but that's game specific.

Don't they have a policy where so many VAC bans gets you an account ban?
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
3 weeks ago#14
JKatarn posted...
vlado_e posted...
Valve doesn't but the achievements are up to the developer. Some disable them for any mods, other are still strict but a bit more liberal

I was more addressing the risk of getting an account ban, which is minimal/non-existent as long as you're not using mods/hacks in MP servers.

Do you think we could get banned for using mods on mercenaries/raid mode? We're technically playing on MP servers but you can play alone in those modes.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 weeks ago#15
JKatarn posted...
AnatomyHorror posted...

Don't they have a policy where so many VAC bans gets you an account ban?

I think it's more like if you get a dozen vac bans and only have cheap or f2p multiplayer games, your account might get banned because it's obviously an alt account for the purpose of cheating in multiplayer games.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Steam achievements blocked by FOV mod?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived