This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nier Automata worth getting at $52?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nier Automata worth getting at $52?

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#11
Who pays full price, when you can get most games for half the price in launch. Nier is a very good game, but the technical issues alone for the pc version makes it not worth full price at all.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: Ghost_Turtle

Ghost_Turtle
2 months ago#12
It's $39 on steam atm
Rofl House

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#13
And about 36 dollars in Cdkeys.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: Threnagyn

Threnagyn
2 months ago#14
My feeling is that the game really is worth it at $52, but considering you'll probably be able to save $20 or so by holding out or getting a CD key from 3rd party, I would wait or look around.

Edit: Wait, it is $39 on Steam, so why would you pay $52?

User Info: cody4783

cody4783
2 months ago#15
TC, are you in Australia or some other country that gets horribly gouged on Steam prices? $52 is practically what it was on Steam when I pre-ordered it...And as others have said, it's under $40USD right now there.

Either way, it's a 40-50+ hour game if you take your time and go around doing all the quests and taking in all there is in the game. I'd put it as one of the best games I've played this year, easily.

Very fluid, interesting enough (although a little simplistic) combat, solid story with a fair bit of lore to read into if you're into that, and one absolutely phenomenal soundtrack that I actually went out and bought separate from the game just to have and support quality music.
PC (1/2017) http://i.imgur.com/0SVA6BP.png
HTC Vive. Embrace the VRevolution

User Info: RiotJune

RiotJune
2 months ago#16
Worth it at full price imo, but there are plenty of opportunities to get it for cheaper as others have suggested.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
2 months ago#17
It's one of the best AAA games I've played in recent history. NVidia's recent graphics driver update supposedly fixed the game-breaking white screen crashes that were the biggest of the many PC port issues and the FAR mod fixes a lot of other issues but you'll still need a gamepad since the kb/m controls are basically unplayable. I'd say it's worth whatever price you're willing to wait for but $52 seems a bit high considering how long it's been out unless you're doing a currency conversion and it's usually more than $60 full price.
The SilentCaay Channel - Shadowverse and other video game vids.
MocuMocuDance Demo [VIVE] - https://youtu.be/meHuE6-gDg4

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
2 months ago#18
I'm not going to get it until Denuvo is gone from it.

User Info: Concession

Concession
2 months ago#19
It's a really good game, but you should be able to get it much cheaper than that...
Laugh and grow fat

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
2 months ago#20
Not worth 10 bucks. The game's story is wack and the gameplay is shallow
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nier Automata worth getting at $52?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived