This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Nier Automata worth getting at $52?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nier Automata worth getting at $52?

User Info: pkdragon

pkdragon
3 weeks ago#21
musumane posted...
How exactly do people define what it's worth? " It's only worth 30/35". How did you come up with this number? Half price?

TC I'm going to be straight with you, there are people who will never pay full price for a game unless it has day 1 hype behind it. Nier: Automata is one of the best ajRPGs in recent memory and is worth every penny.

It's less that it isn't worth full price, and more that you can get it for cheaper.

You can still be smart with your money even concerning good games, if they've been out for awhile.

Just like how I'm waiting on DOS2, because while I'm sure it's worth every penny of the launch price, I have other games I'm working on right now and won't be playing DOS2 for a couple months. So I might as well just buy it later, because on the off chance it goes on sale between now and then, I won't have wasted any money- I'll still be starting it at the same time, just for cheaper.

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 weeks ago#22
If it wasn't optimized so bad I'd say yes.

$30-$35 sure and that's if you have a pretty solid Rig.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#23
ArkonBlade posted...

eh? I thought it was decently optimized. I could play it at 1440P on high and get like 35-40 FPS but could easily max it out at 1080P

I5 3570K
AMD R9 290
8GB RAM
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 weeks ago#24
Fade2black001 posted...
ArkonBlade posted...

eh? I thought it was decently optimized. I could play it at 1440P on high and get like 35-40 FPS but could easily max it out at 1080P

I5 3570K
AMD R9 290
8GB RAM

I played it on a

I7 6700k
GTX 980 TI
16GB Ram

at 1080p was getting drops to the mid 40s. No reason I shouldn't have held a solid 60fps

and on a budget rig with a GTX 1050 I was getting about 32-40FPS at 1080p all low settings.

That game is no witcher 3 by far. No reason my main rig couldn't run it at 60FPS locked and the 1050 should easily had a solid FPS at medium settings or close to it.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: ablerider

ablerider
3 weeks ago#25
The game itself is fantastic but as others said, the port is not the best out there and many people had trouble running, l played it on ps4 and it also had issues but it was worth $60 back then so maybe try it (start on easy to get through the prologue for sure and fast) and see it it runs well, if not then refund it.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#26
ArkonBlade posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
ArkonBlade posted...

I5 3570K
AMD R9 290
8GB RAM

I played it on a

I7 6700k
GTX 980 TI
16GB Ram

at 1080p was getting drops to the mid 40s. No reason I shouldn't have held a solid 60fps

and on a budget rig with a GTX 1050 I was getting about 32-40FPS at 1080p all low settings.

That game is no witcher 3 by far. No reason my main rig couldn't run it at 60FPS locked and the 1050 should easily had a solid FPS at medium settings or close to it.

No argument there but I was averaging 60FPS on my rig at 1080P
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: DownSouth113

DownSouth113
3 weeks ago#27
if you can get it for $30 or less I would say its worth it, but more then that I would have to say no.
i5 3570k,MSI RX 470 8 GB, 8gb DDR3,ASRock Z77 Pro 4,Apevia Black/Blue X-Trooper, 675 Thermaltake,Windows 10
http://steamcommunity.com/id/perfectvillain/

User Info: dustin121284

dustin121284
3 weeks ago#28
the game's worth full price, but there's no reason to buy it at full price.

just wait for a sale again.

it does take a good rig to run it properly though. i never had any issues running it at max settings on my gtx 1070.
"If at all possible, I prefer to forge my own path through life, then call it "destiny" once the cards have settled..."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Nier Automata worth getting at $52?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived