This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did EA ruin Bioware or did Bioware ruin itself?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did EA ruin Bioware or did Bioware ruin itself?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#31
Dragon Nexus: Don't forget that your character is always either basically the chosen one or a couple quests in will join an elite and powerful order and quickly reveal that there's more to them than meets the eye (because they're still kinda the chosen one even when they aren't).

User Info: __Blight__

__Blight__
4 weeks ago#32
Refuse to buy anything from EA because of what they did to Nox and Westwood. And niw they are promoting some BS Heforshe program which will only add to the hatred.
"I see light to the east...mornings coming."

User Info: Jules Rules

Jules Rules
4 weeks ago#33
BioWare died when the two doctors left.
What's a knockout like you doing in a computer-generated gin joint like this?

User Info: NeilJWD

NeilJWD
4 weeks ago#34
Ilishe posted...
Shut up DAO was great. If you want s*** games look no further than the sequels.

So much this.
ARGH! Someone gave me some goggles and a spork,
I don't know what the goggles do but I'm gouging my eyes out with the spork!
~Dudeboy

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#35
Dragon age origins was a decent game up until you got past the origin part and then it just got boring to me.

Most of why bioware is bad is because ea bought em and the talented people left.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
4 weeks ago#36
chandl34 posted...
Bioware's only good games were BG1 and 2.

This, and see my post.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
4 weeks ago#37
bioware failed to check itself and therefore wrecked itself

also...

Jules Rules posted...
BioWare died when the two doctors left.
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
4 weeks ago#38
I remember DA 2 being a real turning point, I was real hyped and it ever increasingly turned into 'the hell is this, I'm just gonna ignore this and hope their next game is better'.

ME 3 was just a bland war story with no real interesting theme and an ending that made the entire trilogy feel like it didn't matter, with such fascinating new characters as hispanic soldier dude, the ship AI in a sexy robot bod, and who could forget the other one. Then Inquisition came out and it was just bland.

ME 2 is very well liked, but you can see the beginnings of their downfall in it, nothing of import happens in the story and the RPG mechanics are well, for example ME 1 was rough around the edges, but rather than improving the rough parts they just cut, cut and 'streamlined' it. I liked it don't get me wrong.
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: Somato

Somato
4 weeks ago#39
couple of bad games years apart makes them "ruined" now?
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#40
AsucaHayashi posted...
bioware ruined it for themselves when they stopped being a PC developer and got into MS' pocket which probably set the stage for their EA takeover.

started with the "intentionally" delayed version of kotor, then the exclusive version of jade empire(PC port was 3 years later) and finally mass effect(PC port a year later).

don't really feel sorry for them in the slightest since their first misstep ages ago.

What was so wrong with grouping up with MS? Developers do it all the time and MS was giving them a lot of creative freedom to do whatever they wanted.
It meant Bioware got funded, they got a publisher and they got support if needed.

At the time the original Xbox was the most powerful console on the market, so that might have also played into why they went with MS. Not wanting to scale back too far to launch on PS2, for example...or not needing to do too much to their games in order to port them to the PC.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Did EA ruin Bioware or did Bioware ruin itself?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived