This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's windows store games these days?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's windows store games these days?

User Info: betatech

betatech
3 weeks ago#1
I'm wondering what games are currently like on the Microsoft Store/W10 because I'm currently deciding whether to get Cuphead on the Store or Steam as I have a bunch of credit for the store and like the ability to play on the Xbone but I remember the problems the store had in the past.

So are things now better or should I just stick with Steam?
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.

User Info: Touya999

Touya999
3 weeks ago#2
Use the credit.
Nintendo switch fc : SW-3862-0989-2485
I normally don't get erectile dysfunction. But when i do, it isn't so hard.

User Info: loader963

loader963
3 weeks ago#3
Touya999 posted...
Use the credit.

Only have GoW4 from the store. It downloaded slow but that was the only problem I had with it.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: betatech

betatech
3 weeks ago#4
Thanks.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 weeks ago#5
Called the Microsoft Store now
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Abiz_

Abiz_
3 weeks ago#6
How do Window store games update? I have GoW4 and I know there have been free content updates, but I never noticed it downloading anything. Does it just do it silently in the background at its leisure?

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#7
Abiz_ posted...
How do Window store games update? I have GoW4 and I know there have been free content updates, but I never noticed it downloading anything. Does it just do it silently in the background at its leisure?

Pretty much if you have the store open
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: un touchable

un touchable
3 weeks ago#8
Stick with Steam, unless you really want there exclusives.
I have Forza Horizon 3, its poorly optimized, wheel support is crap(can't use my wheel and H shifter together because the game only supports 1 USB controller at a time).
Also preordered Forza7 which I already kinda regret.
If you have your game install on another drive and reformat OS, the game data can't be used on the fresh install, so you have to redownload the whole game again.

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#9
un touchable posted...
Stick with Steam, unless you really want there exclusives.
I have Forza Horizon 3, its poorly optimized, wheel support is crap(can't use my wheel and H shifter together because the game only supports 1 USB controller at a time).
Also preordered Forza7 which I already kinda regret.
If you have your game install on another drive and reformat OS, the game data can't be used on the fresh install, so you have to redownload the whole game again.

Poorly optimized?!? LOL you obviously never played the game
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: red_robin

red_robin
3 weeks ago#10
Cam you still not use the steam controller with windows store games?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's windows store games these days?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived