This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's windows store games these days?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's windows store games these days?

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
4 weeks ago#11
red_robin posted...
Cam you still not use the steam controller with windows store games?

Good question, though I suspect MS will continue to do everything to force the user taking up an XB controller.

By the way, auto update is set to off by default so it won't do a thing even if you have the Store opened.

User Info: betatech

betatech
4 weeks ago#12
That does bring up a good point, is it annoying to use a non-xbox controller with store games (compared to steam)?
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.

User Info: Setzera

Setzera
4 weeks ago#13
Personally I haven't bought anything from it, but I have downloaded the Forza 6 Apex, Forza 7 demo and Forza Horizon 3 demo. Haven't had any technical issues with the store or games so far.

I'm considering picking up Forza 7 some day, just not sure yet since I prefer getting everything on Steam.

User Info: Unknown281

Unknown281
3 weeks ago#14
un touchable posted...
have Forza Horizon 3, its poorly optimized

Lol..smh...

@un_touchable

User Info: MarceloSampaio

MarceloSampaio
3 weeks ago#15
betatech posted...
That does bring up a good point, is it annoying to use a non-xbox controller with store games (compared to steam)?

I could NEVER make my PS2 controller work on Killer Instinct, and since Windows Store games have a hidden EXE file, I can't even use a software like x360ce to make non-standard controllers work.

And BTW, SweetFX (and ReShade) also don't work.

Saying that, the only other gripe I have with the Windows Store is how bad the interface is. But that's just a personal complaint, not something factual. I only have Killer Instinct, but I must say it works surprisingly well. It starts in less than a second (like it was already preloaded), runs great and updates fast enough. That said, I will never buy another Windows Store game (unless M$ dumps that UWP garbage). The disadvantages are just too big for me (SweetFX not working being the biggest issue).
VERY curious cat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlD0e5DUp28
My Steam profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/marcsm2008

User Info: betatech

betatech
3 weeks ago#16
MarceloSampaio posted...
betatech posted...

I could NEVER make my PS2 controller work on Killer Instinct, and since Windows Store games have a hidden EXE file, I can't even use a software like x360ce to make non-standard controllers work.

And BTW, SweetFX (and ReShade) also don't work.

Saying that, the only other gripe I have with the Windows Store is how bad the interface is. But that's just a personal complaint, not something factual. I only have Killer Instinct, but I must say it works surprisingly well. It starts in less than a second (like it was already preloaded), runs great and updates fast enough. That said, I will never buy another Windows Store game (unless M$ dumps that UWP garbage). The disadvantages are just too big for me (SweetFX not working being the biggest issue).

Anyone have luck with a PS4 controller?
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's windows store games these days?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived