This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you return/replaced a monitor with backlight bleed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many of you return/replaced a monitor with backlight bleed?

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#1
So mine has center backlight bleed. It's very noticeable in skyrim dungeons cause of the darkness. There's like 3 oval shaped columns of backlight bleed in the center. I'm gonna return/replace and hope for a monitor without a defect.

How many of you have had backlight bleed and return/replaced for a good monitor? What do you think the odds of me getting another monitor with the same issue is? I spent ~$600 and am kinda frustrated at this issue.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#2
Centre? Send it back. 100%

Tolerable bleed in corners= you make the call
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#3
By the way they dont call it the monitor lottery for nothing. You could by ten of the same monitor and get ten completely different quality levels
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
2 months ago#4
I complained that the e7470 I have gotten from work about the bleeding but they told me to f*** off. Dell is complete dogs*** though.

My EA232WMI that I got for $30 and Surface Pro 2 I got for free don't have any bleeding at all.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: somebody336

somebody336
2 months ago#5
4 times in a row before I got tired of it and just went with an Asus monitor instead of Acer.

Also, no way to know the odds. In my case, both companies used the same panel manufacturer so my Asus one being decent was entirely due to luck. Best advice one could give is to buy from somewhere with a lax return policy.
Anime/Video Game Reviewer
http://www.336gamereviews.com/

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#6
I'm gonna return/replace at amazon. I have until Oct 12th. Incase the next model has the same issue do they give another return by date? Like extend it to November or can I only return this monitor and the next one up until Oct 12th?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#7
somebody336 posted...
4 times in a row before I got tired of it and just went with an Asus monitor instead of Acer.

Also, no way to know the odds. In my case, both companies used the same panel manufacturer so my Asus one being decent was entirely due to luck. Best advice one could give is to buy from somewhere with a lax return policy.

100% spot on. Had 3 acer predators sent back and lucked out with an asus. Gotta love Amazon

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
2 months ago#8
My asus rog swift ips monitor has blb on the bottom left corner and the top right. I was considering sending it back but after a few hours i realized it wasnt bothersome.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
2 months ago#9
Never, I prefer TN 10 bit (8 bit + FRC) displays for those 1ms response times.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | B350 Tomahawk | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | 28" Acer Predator 4K GSync 1ms
Playing : Quake Champions

Jonbazookaboz
2 months ago#10
BrokenMachine85 posted...
Never, I prefer TN 10 bit (8 bit + FRC) displays for those 1ms response times.

Problems arent exclusive to ips panels. Tns can be a nightmare too. Although granted much less often
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many of you return/replaced a monitor with backlight bleed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived