This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many of you return/replaced a monitor with backlight bleed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many of you return/replaced a monitor with backlight bleed?

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
2 months ago#11
Get a VA monitor
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#12
Just sent off my return. Replacement comes wednesday. Hopefully no center BLB. Corners are fine, but a shifting in brightness in the center is totally not acceptable.

Btw that screen bleed test is s***. You need movement to get 100% recognition of the BLB. Had to boot up skyrim, go in a dungeon and lower brightness to 0 through ENB
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
2 months ago#13
every monitor i've purchased in the past 5-10 years has had issues. i've returned quite a few and every replacement has the same or new issues . you just have to find one you can live with. with ips especially backlight bleed and glow are just part of the package. i personally will return for dead pixels but anything else short of huge apparent defects i'll live with

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
2 months ago#14
Also if your going to use IPS you absolutely need a matte screen and a lamp off to the side to get rid of some of the backlight/grey blacks....I have a very non intrusive soft yellow lamp to my left and it makes black levels on my VA panel perfectly black I imagine that type of thing will improve an IPS panel as well but if your inclined to game in a dark environment VA over IPS for the higher contrast ratio. Also the bias lamp lighting only works on a matte screen....on a glossy screen you'll just see yourself and whats behind you lol.
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
2 months ago#15
MASKOAAA posted...
Also if your going to use IPS you absolutely need a matte screen and a lamp off to the side to get rid of some of the backlight/grey blacks....I have a very non intrusive soft yellow lamp to my left and it makes black levels on my VA panel perfectly black

^^^ I learned something new, thank you!
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: ajxh

ajxh
2 months ago#16
Jonbazookaboz posted...
Centre? Send it back. 100%

Tolerable bleed in corners= you make the call

Pretty good advice overall, I'd say.

It's a good thing you returned it. Center backlight bleed is a returnable defect for sure. I have never had center bleed before, but I have returned for particularly bad edge bleeding. Unfortunately so many monitors are more about what kind of defects can you live with, not whether or not you'll eventually get a perfect panel.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
2 months ago#17
My replacement is out for delivery. Can't wait to let you guys know if it works out. That last one (reason for topic) had such terrible central BLB.. it was really bad. Any dark area in any game was ruined.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
2 months ago#18
pretty much any monitor/TV without local dimming is gonna have backlight bleeding, to various degrees. I have a Vizio M55-C2 w/ VA panel that has local dimming so it doesn't have any backlight bleeding (with local dimming turned on) which is very nice indeed. There should be more monitors/TVs with this feature as backlight bleeding really sucks.

That said, my current monitor which is like 7-8 years old (Asus VW246H) doesn't have local dimming so I've learned to live with the backlight bleeding. It's really only irritating when watching movies, I'd say it's perfectly okay for watching anime and playing games...but watching movies on it with the backlight bleeding when it's a dark scene looks like absolute crap.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many of you return/replaced a monitor with backlight bleed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived