This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does every no-skill multiplayer game have to have a competitive scene.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does every no-skill multiplayer game have to have a competitive scene.

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
3 weeks ago#11
The thing is, that there is no such thing as "noskill"-multiplayer game. Simple mechanics? Easy to pick up? Yes. But in a multiplayergame as long as every player has the same tools(characters) and/or the tools are well balanced, the skilled player wins ( in general).
Even in games like pong, which need zero skill to pick up, the better player wins.

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 weeks ago#12
Silvererazor posted...
The thing is, that there is no such thing as "noskill"-multiplayer game. Simple mechanics? Easy to pick up? Yes. But in a multiplayergame as long as every player has the same tools(characters) and/or the tools are well balanced, the skilled player wins ( in general).
Even in games like pong, which need zero skill to pick up, the better player wins.

This is 100% false.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 weeks ago#13
Hi C posted...
Silvererazor posted...

This is 100% false.

Only when you ask the loser.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Somato

Somato
3 weeks ago#14
who wants to sit around and watch some guy kick a ball around a field a bit.
ThePandaForest / Premature Tyrant is don_sf / DarKnight_sf

User Info: JoboHotep

JoboHotep
3 weeks ago#15
People like to feel they're good at something.

Obviously, the less amount of players a game has, the greater the chance someone can be "teh bestest !!1!1!"
i5 7600k / Hyper 212 / GIGABYTE GA-Z170M-D3H / 8GB 17000 DDR4 / Radeon R9 280x 3GB / SanDisk Z400s 240GB SSD / EVGA 600W ATX / Windows 10 Home 64 bit

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 weeks ago#16
Silvererazor posted...

Technically, a game that is 100% luck with no determinant player input would be essentially noskill. For example, "flip a coin" game with a 50/50 chance. Both players have the same tools, but neither one can influence the outcome.
Not many games go that route, though, because it's not very fun.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Oakland510_

Oakland510_
3 weeks ago#17
What multiplayer game requires skill?

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 weeks ago#18
I will have you know that Hearthstone is the epitome of esports skill. 50% coinflip probability is true balance.
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
3 weeks ago#19
Hi C posted...
Silvererazor posted...

This is 100% false.

So, why not explain why it is false?
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
3 weeks ago#20
I like E-sport games. They tend to be given a lot of support.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does every no-skill multiplayer game have to have a competitive scene.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived