This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why does every no-skill multiplayer game have to have a competitive scene.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does every no-skill multiplayer game have to have a competitive scene.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 weeks ago#21
Ibuymymnks posted...
Overwatch for example. Who wants to watch a Mcree killing 4 of the enemy team by literally pressing Q just because he was positioned correctly?

Just because you're terrible at the game and can't avoid the easiest ult to avoid doesn't mean anything. You clearly have a tenuous grasp of the game, at best.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 weeks ago#22
Nazanir posted...
Hi C posted...
Silvererazor posted...
The thing is, that there is no such thing as "noskill"-multiplayer game. Simple mechanics? Easy to pick up? Yes. But in a multiplayergame as long as every player has the same tools(characters) and/or the tools are well balanced, the skilled player wins ( in general).
Even in games like pong, which need zero skill to pick up, the better player wins.

This is 100% false.

So, why not explain why it is false?

Outside of absurd cases like the coin flip scenario, you're always going to end up with the more skilled player winning over a large enough sample size. Even in games with massive amounts of luck like poker there's a large difference between a skilled player and a novice and that difference becomes readily apparent the larger the sample size gets. A bad player might get lucky over a skilled player, but they're not going to sustain that luck very long..
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 weeks ago#23
Ibuymymnks posted...
Who wants to watch a Mcree killing 4 of the enemy team by literally pressing Q just because he was positioned correctly?

Well because he only gets one shot at pressing Q and there was most likely some type of team coordinated play that went into setting it up. OW has enough actual problems, no need to try and create more out of thin air by downplaying what happens in a match
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
3 weeks ago#24
Nazanir posted...
Hi C posted...
Silvererazor posted...
The thing is, that there is no such thing as "noskill"-multiplayer game. Simple mechanics? Easy to pick up? Yes. But in a multiplayergame as long as every player has the same tools(characters) and/or the tools are well balanced, the skilled player wins ( in general).
Even in games like pong, which need zero skill to pick up, the better player wins.

This is 100% false.

So, why not explain why it is false?

Because he can't.

DarkZV2Beta posted...
Silvererazor posted...

Technically, a game that is 100% luck with no determinant player input would be essentially noskill. For example, "flip a coin" game with a 50/50 chance. Both players have the same tools, but neither one can influence the outcome.
Not many games go that route, though, because it's not very fun.

That's true, however, I don't think I've ever seen a video game that is 100% luck driven. Especially multiplayer ones. Sure, there are games like XCOM where you have chance involved in a lot of places but a skilled player is still going to work with that - you still have the tools to manipulate the game to your advantage.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: spike_spiegel

spike_spiegel
3 weeks ago#25
You have MOBA's to thank

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#26
This is why this place is a cesspool of trolling - people keep replying to obvious troll threads like this. Obviously the mods aren't going to do dick about it, so you need to just not post in troll threads which will push them to the bottom of the forum.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 weeks ago#27
JKatarn posted...
This is why this place is a cesspool of trolling - people keep replying to obvious troll threads like this. Obviously the mods aren't going to do dick about it, so you need to just not post in troll threads which will push them to the bottom of the forum.

No, there are dimwits who literally think that games have no skill. Lots of them
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#28
Orestes417 posted...
JKatarn posted...

No, there are dimwits who literally think that games have no skill. Lots of them

Oh, I'm certain of that, but whether it's trolling or blinding stupidity (usually both when it comes to GameFAQs), the answer is the same - mark and ignore, posting in these threads only encourages more asshats to create similar threads.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Hi C

Hi C
3 weeks ago#29
DarkZV2Beta posted...
Silvererazor posted...

Technically, a game that is 100% luck with no determinant player input would be essentially noskill. For example, "flip a coin" game with a 50/50 chance. Both players have the same tools, but neither one can influence the outcome.
Not many games go that route, though, because it's not very fun.

Why not? It's not the game that makes the player have fun, most of the time, it's the people they play with or against.
I5-4590 | ASUS H97i-PLUS & VS239hp | 8GB Ballistix Sport | 1TB+2TB WD Blue | Cooler Master N200 | ASUS GTX 960 Strix 2GB

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 weeks ago#30
If a game really took no skill then everyone would be at the top and nobody would be at the bottom. Everyone would get participation trophies and would get an achievement stating "You're a Champion!".

It might not take as much skill as some OTHER game, but it does take some amount of skill. Quit whining, don't be a p****, man up, stop crying like a b****, and in general git gud. OR if it's really so easy, just destroy everyone while showing how easy it is. Then you can casually tell everyone you weren't even trying because it's a no-skill game and everyone that got owned was such a total loser that they lost to someone who barely had to exert any effort.

Do that and tell us how that worked out for you...also pics/video or it didn't happen (because we know you're probably a worthless lying sack of s***).

BTW: before you jump at me, I don't even play overwatch or really anything competitive. I recognize the sound of a crybaby though.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why does every no-skill multiplayer game have to have a competitive scene.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived