This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for 1155 pin CPU's

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for 1155 pin CPU's

User Info: Goodziilla

Goodziilla
3 weeks ago#1
My wonderful cat Fuzzbutt pissed on my tower when it was on its side. Multiple times. That was a pretty good comp to survive so many unacknowledged cat 'visits'. I've replaced everything else so there really isn't anything other than the CPU which could be fried. I haven't been following updates so I was wondering if anyone could recommend lower priced ($100-$150) 1155 socket processor

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
3 weeks ago#2
Gross. I can't imagine what your living space smells like.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: runrom

runrom
3 weeks ago#3
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155

So pretty much any Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge processor.

Here's a quick search on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_1_4_hso_sc_smartcategory_2?rh=n%3A229189%2Ck%3Alga+1155&keywords=lga+1155&ie=UTF8&qid=1506284242&sr=8-4-acs
3570K | Asus RX 480 | OnePlus One | Hori RAP v.4 VLX | IBM Model M | Nintendo Switch | PS4

User Info: reincarnator07

reincarnator07
3 weeks ago#4
Which motherboard do you have? Certain chipsets won't support Ivy Bridge.
Fan of metal? Don't mind covers? Check out my youtube and give me some feedback
http://www.youtube.com/sircaballero

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#5
EvilGiygas posted...

lol that has nothing to do with his place, cats naturally do that to mark there place.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
3 weeks ago#6
I just don't understand people owning pets. doesn't seem like a good time having something in your house that likes to piss all over s*** to mark it's territory. not for me
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: Goodziilla

Goodziilla
3 weeks ago#7
It's an MSI-Z77A-G41

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
3 weeks ago#8
sonicteam2k1 posted...
I just don't understand people owning pets. doesn't seem like a good time having something in your house that likes to piss all over s*** to mark it's territory. not for me

I have never owned a cat that didn't use a litter box 100% of the time when indoors but maybe I have been lucky. From what I hear cats are by far the easiest to train dogs are the ones that have way more accidents.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Regil, Shion, Blaze

User Info: N3xtG3nGam3r

N3xtG3nGam3r
3 weeks ago#9
sonicteam2k1 posted...

I own a cat. Shes legit the best cat i've ever seen to exist. She doesnt s*** or piss ANYWHERE other than the litter box, doesnt scratch ANYTHING up besides her scratching post, and has maybe thrown up once or twice (hairball--and not even on the carpet either) in the 8 years i've owned her.

Some cats are just legit a******s...but i can tell you from the experience of being a father, as well as a pet owner, that when you have expensive s***, you need to take precautionary measures to ensure s*** like this could never happen. I would say i've been lucky as to never have my kid or pet destroy something of value of mine, but its not luck.

One time, when my daughter was 2 years old, she picked one of the keys off the Macbook Pro laptop i have. That was the last time i let her sit with the computer in her lap (or within reach) when watching her cartoons.

But, back on topic--you said you've replaced everything, but you're asking for an older socket style processor, which means you are still using your old motherboard? Have you taken the processor out of the socket and examined it? Also, if you took your PC to a computer repair shop, they could probably test your parts individually to see EXACTLY what part/s are acting up.

The next bit of info i was going to drop was that when i was looking to upgrade my PC earlier this year, i was contemplating finding an older i5/i7 to replace the i3 build i had, but financially it really didnt make sense, because the prices for the CPUs, even though they were a several generations old, were still fairly expensive.
ASUS B-150 Gaming MoBo| Intel CORE i5 6500k @ 3.5GHz | 32GB DDR4 | 2TB HDD | 600w PSU | nVidia GTX 1080Ti 11GB GDDR5-X

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
3 weeks ago#10
mucloud posted...
EvilGiygas posted...

lol that has nothing to do with his place, cats naturally do that to mark there place.

Are you stupid? You ever smell what cat piss smells like? Also I been around multiple cats for for many years and none of them have done that cause they were properly trained.
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for 1155 pin CPU's

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived