This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate my build

User Info: Tekutso

Tekutso
3 weeks ago#1
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mCQKvV

After doing a lot of research this is what I went with. What do you guys think. The only thing I'm considering is getting a 1440p monitor in the near future. Some forums people are saying it is pointless to have a 1080 for 1080p, but the way I see it I can ensure I get 144fps, or close to it, on max settings on higher end titles. A lot of benchmarks I've seen don't show the most impressive frame rates at 1440p, idk. Thoughts.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: AftComet

AftComet
3 weeks ago#2
TN Panel monitor is the bad part.
GLORIOUS pc master race.

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
3 weeks ago#3
Drop that Windows 10 license key, get is elsewhere really cheap and instead get even better cooler for 7700k, so you can get a really good overclock out of it.

Dont really care about that expensive tacky case, but some people seems to like those fancy cases.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

Tekutso
3 weeks ago#4
AftComet posted...
TN Panel monitor is the bad part.

I plan to play all games, but I'm going to be playing a lot of FPS, PUBG specifically. Either way these panels have advantages and disadvantages. Colors/angle advantage on IPS vs TN panel being quicker(generally).

I'd like to hear your thoughts on it though.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: Jonbazookaboz

Jonbazookaboz
3 weeks ago#5
I thinks its worth the extra few bucks for the g900 series mouse
"If PAC-MAN had affected us kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music!"

Tekutso
3 weeks ago#6
Pelaaja82 posted...
Drop that Windows 10 license key, get is elsewhere really cheap and instead get even better cooler for 7700k, so you can get a really good overclock out of it.

Dont really care about that expensive tacky case, but some people seems to like those fancy cases.

I don't care about aesthetics, I chose that case because it has a lot of room to build in and it is built with high quality. Where could I get a cheaper Win10 license? Do you have any better air coolers you would suggest? Don't feel like going liquid just yet.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

Pelaaja82
3 weeks ago#7
Tekutso posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...

I don't care about aesthetics, I chose that case because it has a lot of room to build in and it is built with high quality. Where could I get a cheaper Win10 license? Do you have any better air coolers you would suggest? Don't feel like going liquid just yet.

This is a good one for the money:
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/qs6BD3/thermalright-cpu-cooler-truespirit140power

As for the Windows 10 license:

Kinguin and Playasia are good places.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 weeks ago#8
My cooler is really good
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hP6BCy
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

Pelaaja82
3 weeks ago#9
Terantatek posted...
My cooler is really good

Pretty much the best air cooler around, but also expensive.

Tekutso
3 weeks ago#10
Terantatek posted...
My cooler is really good

Yeah I'm actually thinking about getting one now, seems to be one of the best air coolers you can get right now.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate my build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived