This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rate my build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate my build

User Info: Tekutso

Tekutso
2 months ago#21
Pelaaja82 posted...
mucloud posted...
Exellent build If your going to over clock get a better fan cooler, I have most of those parts and that case LOOOOOOOve itI have had it for almost a year now and it's almost dust free with the dust filters it comes with. I even have 2 of those panel's they are great for gaming and you do not need a IPS panel it's not worth the extra cash.

Wtf, the updated build already have the best air cooler around...Noctua nh-d15.

I think he looked at the pre-updated build in the OP, he has the case in his sig that i switched out. He gonna be mad at me. Lol.
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#22
Tekutso posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...
mucloud posted...
Exellent build If your going to over clock get a better fan cooler, I have most of those parts and that case LOOOOOOOve itI have had it for almost a year now and it's almost dust free with the dust filters it comes with. I even have 2 of those panel's they are great for gaming and you do not need a IPS panel it's not worth the extra cash.

I think he looked at the pre-updated build in the OP, he has the case in his sig that i switched out. He gonna be mad at me. Lol.

Maybe, but the white case you had in the first build looked pretty awful anyway, but the new case you picked looks great in my opinion.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

Tekutso
2 months ago#23
Pelaaja82 posted...
Tekutso posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...
mucloud posted...

Maybe, but the white case you had in the first build looked pretty awful anyway, but the new case you picked looks great in my opinion.

Meh, to each their own. I liked that case mostly for the space it provided, and it looked like it had good stock cooling and good accessories. The Phantek looks just as good as far as functionality, and I also really like the cable management made easy for noob builders like me. Cheaper too which is nice. I will say I think the visual design for the Phantek is a bit more pleasing for me as well, but I'm building with pure performance in mind, I don't care for aesthetics. :)
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
2 months ago#24
Tekutso posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...
Tekutso posted...
Pelaaja82 posted...
mucloud posted...

Meh, to each their own. I liked that case mostly for the space it provided, and it looked like it had good stock cooling and good accessories. The Phantek looks just as good as far as functionality, and I also really like the cable management made easy for noob builders like me. Cheaper too which is nice. I will say I think the visual design for the Phantek is a bit more pleasing for me as well, but I'm building with pure performance in mind, I don't care for aesthetics. :)

That Phanteks case looks very similar to the Fractal design cases. They dont look flashy, but they are more function over form kind of ones.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: Ryzeki

Ryzeki
2 months ago#25
Pretty powerful build TC. As others sugested, on first instance remove the windows 10 license and get it elsewhere.

Depending on the games you play, you won't hit 144fps at 1080p either, but you just need to tweak it a bit. I have a GTX1080 and in some games you can easily get that fps, while others will surely make you dip to the low 100s or lower than that. Some, in particular Deus Ex Mankind Divided often played between 60-80 maxed at 1080p res.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a quad core CPU right now, be it from intel or AMD. If possible, try to get a higher core part. Right now the 7700K will offer the highest possible fps potential, but many other products from both intel and AMD are not that far behind while offering much better multithreaded performance, which will help in the future. Both intel and AMD have good 8 core products.

Specifically, the 7700K is seen often getting up to 200fps in many games (specially when OCd), while the Ryzen counter parts usually only reach around 140s. I would still go with the Ryzen parts, both from a better multithreaded performance as well as a platform I can upgrade later into.
MSI GT73VR - Core i7 6th gen @4.1Ghz | | 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4 || 128GB SSD + 1TB || GTX1080 || 1080P@120hz

Tekutso
2 months ago#26
Ryzeki posted...
Pretty powerful build TC. As others sugested, on first instance remove the windows 10 license and get it elsewhere.

Depending on the games you play, you won't hit 144fps at 1080p either, but you just need to tweak it a bit. I have a GTX1080 and in some games you can easily get that fps, while others will surely make you dip to the low 100s or lower than that. Some, in particular Deus Ex Mankind Divided often played between 60-80 maxed at 1080p res.

Personally, I wouldn't buy a quad core CPU right now, be it from intel or AMD. If possible, try to get a higher core part. Right now the 7700K will offer the highest possible fps potential, but many other products from both intel and AMD are not that far behind while offering much better multithreaded performance, which will help in the future. Both intel and AMD have good 8 core products.

Specifically, the 7700K is seen often getting up to 200fps in many games (specially when OCd), while the Ryzen counter parts usually only reach around 140s. I would still go with the Ryzen parts, both from a better multithreaded performance as well as a platform I can upgrade later into.

Thank you for the input and its certainly something to consider. I'm still thinking about Coffee lake, they're rumored to be shipping in early October, which is only a few weeks away here.

I kind of want to get a 1080 ti but i'm not sure if I should spend $800 on it, $550 for the 1080 seems like a lot to me but it is what it is. Just knowing nvidia is going to put out something probably just as powerful as the 1080 ti at some point in 2018 for probably under $500. This is all speculation. I think the 1080 should hold me over for a while anyway. I kind of want to stay proactive with this build and keep it updated, instead of waiting 7 years to build a new PC like I am doing now. Kind of stinks that the coffee lake processors aren't compatible with the z270 chip set mobos, but if i wait...
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
2 months ago#27
Nice build although since you have a 1080 you should at least get a 1440p 144hz monitor Tn or ips. Put that gpu to work. Gsync is also great but pricy lol.
Intel I7 7700k 4.8ghz 16gb RAM DDR4 3000mhz ,GTX 1080 ti, gigabyte z270 MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

Tekutso
2 months ago#28
BlackBlazeQ posted...
Nice build although since you have a 1080 you should at least get a 1440p 144hz monitor Tn or ips. Put that gpu to work. Gsync is also great but pricy lol.

This was something I mentioned in the OP, and something people seem split on. Can a 1080 push enough frames to make a 1440p resolution worth the purchase over a 1080p. Is 60-90 frames at 1440p better than 140 at 1080p?
Nerd
Gamefaqs Finest

User Info: BlackBlazeQ

BlackBlazeQ
2 months ago#29
Tekutso posted...
BlackBlazeQ posted...

This was something I mentioned in the OP, and something people seem split on. Can a 1080 push enough frames to make a 1440p resolution worth the purchase over a 1080p. Is 60-90 frames at 1440p better than 140 at 1080p?

good question. If you game at 1080p 144hz with a 1080 you will pretty much hit that 144 frames on any game. at 1440p you should at least be able to hit the 100's on most. I know battlfield 1 when I had my 1080 before i upgraded to a TI i had a hard time staying in the 100's. With the ti its beast mode though lol. regardless I still feel IMO that buying a gtx 1070-1080ti you should at least have a 1440p 100hz or 144hz monitor or higher.
Intel I7 7700k 4.8ghz 16gb RAM DDR4 3000mhz ,GTX 1080 ti, gigabyte z270 MOBO, Corsair 540. Gaming at 1440p 144hz is just amazing!!! PC MASTER RACE!

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
2 months ago#30
Tekutso posted...
BlackBlazeQ posted...

At 1440p no it won't do 144fps, but on 1080p yes it will hit 144fps most of the time on Ultra
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Rate my build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived