This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
3 weeks ago#31
I'm shocked this thread isn't around post #100 yet.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 weeks ago#32
MASKOAAA posted...
BrokenMachine85 posted...
Console games tend to have a lower average skill cap over their PC equivalents (m+kb) which is more attractive to the 'average' person.

the skill cap isn't even considered by most people

When I've asked colleagues and friends before around why they buy games on console over PC the most common answer has always been "because PC gamers just are way too fast for me to keep up with".

Just one person's experience asking around these things though.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | B350 Tomahawk | H90 | GTX 1080 @2GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | 28" Acer Predator 4K GSync 1ms
Playing : Quake Champions

User Info: Jason_Hudson

Jason_Hudson
3 weeks ago#33
xenosaga123 posted...
Star Wars Battlefront alone has PS4 outnumber the amount of active PC players.

Wow, it's almost like we have better games to play on PC so we are able to drop the s***ty ones.

xenosaga123 posted...
PC still doesn't have Bloodborne.

PS4 still doesn't have Civilization. Or Starcraft. Or World of Warcraft. Or PUBG. Or DOTA 2. etc etc. Bloodborne is a f***ing exclusive.

I mean we could also say that PS4 doesn't have the Mass Effect Trilogy, or Dead Space, or whatever game came out on a system before it. I mean, we have "backwards compatibility" after all. Go on, get back to the PS4 board, peasant.
Specs: i7 4790k@4.6GHz |EVGA 1080 FTW| 16GB RAM - GLORIOUS PC MASTER RACE!
TRUMP IS THE GREATEST US PRESIDENT!

User Info: Digital Storm

Digital Storm
3 weeks ago#34
I used to care about these things as well.

I was in the sixth grade.
Ooo eee, oo ah ah, ting tang, walla walla bing bang.

User Info: Izicial

Izicial
3 weeks ago#35
desert_santa posted...
arleas posted...
https://i.imgur.com/hmQqTFG.gif

lmao

This alone was worth coming to gamefaqs today.

User Info: Nazanir

Nazanir
3 weeks ago#36
CursedPanther posted...
Both PC and consoles have pros and cons. Just use the one that suits you better.

Careful, logic is usually frowned upon in pc vs console debates.
XboX GT/Steam/Wii-U - Nazanir

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 weeks ago#37
JoboHotep posted...
They'd much rather have an easily identifiable system, like knowing if they buy a console, buy a game that is definitely for that console, take it home, put in the disc, it works, and they can play the game.

The thing is though, that isn't the case anymore. You don't just put in the disc and play your game. There's installations, updates, game crashes, and so on. Since the switch to an x86 architecture, consoles aren't even consoles anymore, they're underpowered computers that don't even have full functionality.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Dragoon Star

Dragoon Star
3 weeks ago#38
Well the first reason is they can only own one and might not be able to build a pc for themselves so they feel necessary to defend their purchase. It would be ideal if everyone was on PC though since it is the platform where the consumer holds the most power over the corporations who would exploit their userbase with things like paid online.

User Info: RekamOiram

RekamOiram
3 weeks ago#39
PCs are superior. They are also expensive as hell. I don’t use a computer other than basic internet usage, Word, Excel, etc, I also don’t Game half as much as I used to, so I can’t justify the expense. Top of the line graphics also don’t do much for me...just don’t care once you’re beyond a certain level of quality, a level that consoles meet. Consoles are easy and require little maintenance. Consoles are relatively cheap and can serve as an entertainment hub. These are the reasons I stick with a console.
Print is dead.

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 weeks ago#40
RekamOiram posted...
Consoles are relatively cheap and can serve as an entertainment hub. These are the reasons I stick with a console.

i dislike contradictions like these.

consoles in plural are considered "cheap". then in the very next line says he sticks with "a" console out of the practically dozen different ones out there they still sell games for.

consoles are EITHER expensive as f*** and have great exclusives like mario, zelda, halo, GT, uncharted etc. OR they're cheap individually but with a FRACTION of the console games the industry boasts about.

both situations never have and will never apply.
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived