This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

User Info: HeadEXplode

HeadEXplode
3 weeks ago#41
Why the f*** do you care what they think?
I started thinking, "Maybe the two of us should blow up this house." You know, just to get back at them for thinking I might blow up this house.

User Info: MASKOAAA

MASKOAAA
3 weeks ago#42
wildog2006 posted...
JoboHotep posted...
They'd much rather have an easily identifiable system, like knowing if they buy a console, buy a game that is definitely for that console, take it home, put in the disc, it works, and they can play the game.

The thing is though, that isn't the case anymore. You don't just put in the disc and play your game. There's installations, updates, game crashes, and so on. Since the switch to an x86 architecture, consoles aren't even consoles anymore, they're underpowered computers that don't even have full functionality.

Even though consoles have that problem it's all automatic you don't have to search a wiki or a forum to find the answer to a problem you're having
D3 Armory Profile - http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MASKOAA-1251/

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#43
Why do you care so much? Do you have a life outside of your PC? Anybody inordinately concerned about others not constantly validating their platform/hardware choice desperately need to get more in their life.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: RekamOiram

RekamOiram
3 weeks ago#44
AsucaHayashi posted...
RekamOiram posted...
Consoles are relatively cheap and can serve as an entertainment hub. These are the reasons I stick with a console.

i dislike contradictions like these.

consoles in plural are considered "cheap". then in the very next line says he sticks with "a" console out of the practically dozen different ones out there they still sell games for.

consoles are EITHER expensive as f*** and have great exclusives like mario, zelda, halo, GT, uncharted etc. OR they're cheap individually but with a FRACTION of the console games the industry boasts about.

both situations never have and will never apply.

Xbox One goes for 249, and PS4 for 299 on Amazon. Compared to a quality gaming PC, all consoles are chump change, then you have to worry about the cost of maintaining your PC. I never suggested one buy every console. Youre also not getting most console exclusives on a PC unless youre acting illegally. If youre acting legally, youd have to buy a PC and every console to have every game. Exclusivity is a problem if youre choosing either PC or console. Consomes are the way to go for me. Its okay if consoles dont work for your gaming experience, or that you dont understand why others would go with consoles. Relax, bud!
Print is dead.

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
3 weeks ago#45
MarceloSampaio posted...
su27Chaos posted...
pc gamers should learn to respect each other before going after the console users.

Quoted for truth.

Anyway, I'm a PC-only gamer, and I've been a PC gamer since the nineties. Yet, I DO understand why many (most?) people prefer consoles. I don't even like consoles anymore, but I DO understand the people that do.

The only thing that bothers me is that some (most?) console gamers choose to defend consoles with some of the most stupid reasoning, like "30 FPS being more cinematic", or "I like to lay on the couch while I play games". Being a console fan is fine. Being a console fanboy isn't. (Then again, PC fanboys are just as bad.)

One thing is a fact though: just enjoy what you want. I don't care if you are a console or a PC fan. I have MY preferences, but I don't want to force them onto others. Nor do I seek validation about my opinion.

30 fps being more cinematic is a fact. I don't really see why that's considered a stupid excuse since even when Peter Jackson tried to pull it off with the hobbit, there was a huge outcry of people that felt it ruined the experience. I'm a PC gamer myself, and even though I can handle 60fps, I always lock my games at 30. less stress on my parts and no benefit to it.

the couch thing is stupid though.

Also, when console gamer buy their games physically, they actually own the game, PC gamers can't make the same argument since there's no physical versions anymore.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#46
arleas posted...
https://i.imgur.com/hmQqTFG.gif

Fantastic response GIF my friend, lol. Going to have to bookmark that.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 weeks ago#47
JKatarn posted...
Fantastic response GIF my friend, lol. Going to have to bookmark that.

Yeah I take no credit for that... I saw it on imgur and thought it was great and saved it. It might have come from reddit...not sure.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
3 weeks ago#48
Because console gamers are an inferior breed. They are nothing more than humans who dabble in inferior technology. If they want to remain shrouded in their peasantry, let them.

/sarcasm
Ryzen 1600X @ 3.8Ghz | EVGA GTX 1080 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200mhz | MSI B350 'Bazooka' | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

User Info: AsucaHayashi

AsucaHayashi
3 weeks ago#49
RekamOiram posted...
I never suggested one buy every console.

yes, you did since you can't get over your own usage of the word "consoles" in plural which by definition means "more than one" and since you're speaking generally instead of naming individual devices, logic follows that you're talking about consoles as a whole and therefore all devices.

hell, i don't even need anywhere near that amount to prove you wrong.

since you used it yourself, let's assume we're buying new from amazon:
wii u: 246
switch: 356

add that up to the prices you provided and that's a total $1150, more than enough to get a high end gaming PC that can handle all games today and several years into the future, moreso if you don't buy luxury components like SSD.

as far as "upkeep" that only becomes necessary for newer DEMANDING games which, ironically enough when you talk about PC gaming, make up the absolute minority of PC games.
a 10~ year old PC can still play something like the critically acclaimed hollow knight released recently(not to mention it's one of the more demanding indie/low requirement games).

here are the requirements:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E5200
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: GeForce 9800GTX+ (1GB)

both cpu and gpu were released 2008 afaik and ton of new games released today can still be played on them.

something like the wii u which was released less than 5 years ago is completely dead in the water with next to new games going forward.

this is the fundamental problem with consoles which you seemingly refuse to accept:
you either settle for one at a time which you can call "cheap gaming" if you like, and not get even 1/10 of the games that are on PC, as well as all the games that are on every other console, in the entire console's lifespan(however long that may be before it's abandoned) or you pay far more out the ass than you would ever have to with PC gaming, for several console platforms and enjoy all the console games out there the industry is so proud of.

Its okay if consoles dont work for your gaming experience, or that you dont understand why others would go with consoles.

i understand all too well.
what i don't think you understand however, is that you're arguing against simple facts.
http://abload.de/img/pcgamingxtuvt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/9Yv0R2Z.jpg

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
3 weeks ago#50
BrokenMachine85 posted...
Console games tend to have a lower average skill cap over their PC equivalents (m+kb) which is more attractive to the 'average' person.

No that's not why I or most people I know play PC. The reasons I do and most people I do are

1. Freedom of choice on things as your build , what resolution you play at, FPS
2. cheaper games
3. bigger selection of games
4. Free online
5. more controller options
6. Backwards compatability
7. Mods

and I am sure I am forgetting a few things but M&K wouldn't rate high on my list. I tend to still use a controller about 80% of the time.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why are console gamers so afraid to admit that PC gaming is superior?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived